geo2 screen defect

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
hi.
i have geo2 wrist computer and have a screen issue.
i have wrote oceanic germany, they said:
Dear Madam,

I am sorry, but I have to tell you that the repair is not cost effective, and there are no more spare parts available for Geo 2.
So it is not necessary to send the defective unit to Germany.

but i can't buy a new computer. so, what can i do? can you help me? thanks.

EVkYzy.jpg

Welcome to SB. Unfortunately when a computer goes kaput, like most electronics there is little one can do when it is out of warranty except buy a new computer. Sometimes manufacturers will offer trade in programs. Even if the computer is kaput.

Display Looks like mine does after I flooded it. Really isn't anything you can do about it. If you are short on money, a used PC is a good option. Don't know what the market might be like in Germany but if you browse the for sale sub here, you'll see basic capable dive PCs occasionally for under 100 US.

f1hakkinen,

Unfortunately, your Geo2 dive computer is dead. No way to resurrect it unless you replace the entire electronic module which is not available anymore. We might provide some ideas but need to know how much can you spend to buy a new (or used) DC?

f1hakkinen,

Unfortunately, your Geo2 dive computer is dead. No way to resurrect it unless you replace the entire electronic module which is not available anymore. We might provide some ideas but need to know how much can you spend to buy a new (or used) DC?
I don't want buy another dive computer anymore.
i will buy garmin vivoactive:)

Well, it says it's fine for swimming, and even for 5 ATM, but if it doesn't flood it won't work as a dive computer.
Back to tables?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom