Food near BHB?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gr8jab

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Howdy all!

I'm driving down from Daytona next month for a late evening BHB dive. Where should I go for late lunch (early dinner) nearby? I don't want fancy, but I do want good. I'm flexible on the type of food. I don't get much good Cuban food where I live, so that would be of interest. Tex-mex is plentiful for me, so that would be the least interesting.

Thanks

If you like a blackened Mahi sandwich, then Two Drunk Goats isn't bad. Its been a year or so that I've been there, but I liked to grab a bite in the afternoon for a late lunch. The rest of the menu is 'OK' but not great except maybe the burgers

The shopping center right opposite pura vida has sone great options.

the dive hangout and best burgers (and cold beer) is the Brass Ring Pub (200 US 1). It's just north on US 1 about 3 minutes.
Over the bridge on Singer Island is Two Drunk Goats, Johnny Longboards, and Mulligans. All Floribbean style food. All good, fun places and also popular with our local dive groups.

When we visited we ate at a place called Guakamole's
As I remember it was OK. Not great - not terrible.

We chose it because it was there and we didn't really know where to eat.

My experience at Two Drunk Goats was terrible. Bad food and bad service.

Brass Ring is good bar type of food
Carving station is buffet home cooking southern down the road there as well.

I've done Two Drunk Goats but it wasn't great even when they were slow and weren't busy at all.

The better food is probably stopping on the way down.

On the way down:

Hog Snappers - Tequesta - one of my favorites in the area sushi+fish+other
Twisted Tuna
Shrimpers
Berry Fresh (the one in Stuart is better than the Port St Lucie location) for Breakfast/Lunch

After a few bad experiences at Brass Ring with poor service or unruly drunk/smoking patrons, I no longer frequent the establishment. Parking was often pretty difficult, but the last visit with an irate and inebriated customer yelling and screaming at the bar burned my last bridge.

Now I just drive home and go to Duffy's. Ha ha.

Guakamole is fine, but it’s Tex Mex. 2 drunk goats has always been a go-to spot for us. Bar food, grouper. More upscale is Sailfin Marina nearby on Singer Iskand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom