Suunto Eon Core

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Terence W

New
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hi, I am about to head out to Mauritius to complete the ”open water” part of my PADI course and I hope to have time to do a few of the advanced dives. As I am now 68 years my eyes will need a good bright display on a dive computer. I have been looking online at the SUUNTO EON CORE (the yellow one) and I was wondering if anyone knew of any dive log software that would be compatible. Also wondering if there are any other dive computers I should be looking at. Many thanks. Terence.

Welcome to ScubaBoard, TerenceW! The Suunto site says this of the Eon Core: "Connect over Bluetooth to Suunto app to keep a dive log and share your adventures." It looks easily readable. I have recently purchased a mask from seavisionusa.com that has reader lenses manufactured into each side of the lens (not glued on) you should at least explore their site to see if they can offer you a mask that could help with underwater legibility of your dive computer. Good luck and have fun! What an awesome place to be able to learn and dive! Cheers!

I have an eon core and do all my logging using subsurface. It's much better than the Suunto logging offering.

It has the Bluetooth synchronization with the smartphone. I love this feature. You need to install the Suunto app to your phone. It automatically syncs with the phone after the dive.

In addition, it has DM5 software for PC/Mac. It provides more detailed info about the dive. It also allows to customize your computer settings. You need to buy the cable to connect to the PC though.

I really like the customizable views of the Eon Core. I can put all the pertinent information in the biggest numbers possible. Also, the circular safety stop countdown is very helpful for us old folks.

I log my Eon core to my iPhone/iPad via bluetootha nd use MacDive for Ios. It is much better than the Suunto app or Subsurface mobile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom