Protection for naked SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eyegore

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Made this using 1/8" thickness thermoplastic sheet. It'll need a thorough soak/rinse each time...
IMG_4167.PNG

IMG_4168.PNG

Noooo....free the SPGs

Let um hang out free and natural, with a bolt snap attached of course.

Noooo....free the SPGs

I disagree..... I see the value in a physical bumper protecting it. Now i just want to see the process used!

Noooo....free the SPGs

agreed, the problem with things like that is they can trap moisture against the body and if you dive salty stuff could be really bad.

If you really want a boot, they make normal boots which give you added benefit of strain relief at the crimp fitting and is easy to pull back for rinsing/inspection. They're like $10

agreed, the problem with things like that is they can trap moisture against the body and if you dive salty stuff could be really bad.

If you really want a boot, they make normal boots which give you added benefit of strain relief at the crimp fitting and is easy to pull back for rinsing/inspection. They're like $10

Yes, I just put a SPG in my old boot that's been sitting in a box for about 30 years. My boot looks like new and there might be lots of them laying around somewhere. I just happen to be giving it to someone who uses the SPG alone. My very old US Divers SPG has never had a boot and it's held up just fine, but it's rather small and lightweight.

If my friend doesn't want the boot on it it's very easy to remove.

The new SPG is an anchor. It’ll be secured to the the BCD most of the time but, with the shared hose-mount compass, it may be out and subject to impingement. I’ve not seen a rubber boot sized specifically for this honker of a gauge and would, indeed, prefer one over this non-removable cover.

Linky, please?

I disagree..... I see the value in a physical bumper protecting it. Now i just want to see the process used!

Approximately 2” of water in pan to boiling, manage with tongs/by hand, cut to size, shape and re-heat if necessary until you’re satisfied with the result.
2962CA96-7EE8-4C25-B709-6347CD87059E.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom