North Sulawesi land excursions? (Manado/Bangka)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Benjamin Lloyd Thank you for the link! I wonder why it didn't show up in my FB search.

@Wingy I'm imagining the roads to be similar to some of the fun roads in Philippines.

I contact Rennie's Tangkoko Safety Stop and she says transportation, lunch, park fee, and guide all included for USD$85 pp. At least cheaper than the resort price. Does this sound fair? Seems high to me, but I also know us tourists have dollar signs on our foreheads. Haha!

That's a good deal and Renny is a lovely lady with a special bond with her Yakis and Tarsiers.
@Dan hiking might be an interesting mode of transport, lots of rambutan trees along the way to snack on.....surely you've gone to Tangkoko before?

That's a good deal and Renny is a lovely lady with a special bond with her Yakis and Tarsiers.

Ok thank you. She said we would be going with her mother since we want to do the "single entry" not the usual 430 pm tour, stay the night, then 6 am tour.

There is paragliding up in the highland SW of Manado. They land down on the coast. Tandem jumping. Friends have done it and enjoyed it, been there and watched it. Low cloud can cover the highland, so choose a clear day.

Highland tour up to Tomohon is fascinating and hardly any tourists. They still use horse and trap as taxis up there.

@Dan hiking might be an interesting mode of transport, lots of rambutan trees along the way to snack on.....surely you've gone to Tangkoko before?

Unfortunately at the time, I chose to go diving instead. That was the tour for non diver wifes.

Ok thank you. She said we would be going with her mother since we want to do the "single entry" not the usual 430 pm tour, stay the night, then 6 am tour.

Correction, Renny is the mother, so our tour will be with Renny. So excited! Also, third person is 60% off, so 3 people ends up being USD$75 each.

There is paragliding up in the highland SW of Manado. They land down on the coast. Tandem jumping. Friends have done it and enjoyed it, been there and watched it. Low cloud can cover the highland, so choose a clear day.

Highland tour up to Tomohon is fascinating and hardly any tourists. They still use horse and trap as taxis up there.

I saw the paragliding and was excited about the possibility of trying that, but my trip insurance won't cover it. Besides, that's a good excuse to chicken out. HAHA!!!

The Tomohon tour was another option we were thinking of doing, but we decided to do the Tangkoko National Park tour instead.

I would like to second all of the recommendations for Tangkoko. We did this on our trip to Sulawesi and it was one of the coolest things I have done anywhere.

I would like to second all of the recommendations for Tangkoko. We did this on our trip to Sulawesi and it was one of the coolest things I have done anywhere.

Awesome! I'm excited! I have high hopes seeing as we're giving up a day of diving to do this! Ha!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom