What to wear immediately after a dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check out Hawaiian Rip Skirt www.ripskirthawaii.com or on Amazon. Cute print skirts designed specifically for putting over wet swim suit bottoms, but great for just regular wear too. Love them for travel as they are super lightweight and stay wrinkle free. They are called rip skirts because they wrap around and velcro at waist. Quick and simple to put on over suit plus makes it easy to change to dry bottom/undies if you want to do that. On top, wear black or dark print rash guard tops...they don't show the wet spots and dry quickly. Roxy and Volcom make cute short and long sleeve styles.

Check out Hawaiian Rip Skirt www.ripskirthawaii.com or on Amazon. Cute print skirts designed specifically for putting over wet swim suit bottoms, but great for just regular wear too. Love them for travel as they are super lightweight and stay wrinkle free. They are called rip skirts because they wrap around and velcro at waist. Quick and simple to put on over suit plus makes it easy to change to dry bottom/undies if you want to do that. On top, wear black or dark print rash guard tops...they don't show the wet spots and dry quickly. Roxy and Volcom make cute short and long sleeve styles.

Oh gosh, I like the looks of those!

From an older dude's perspective: I personally believe women think about this stuff way too hard, but according to my wonderful, lovely, beautiful, smart, funny wife "men are simple creatures" If I see a women at the bar with wet spots on her shirt and/or shorts, I just think "cool she just got off the boat, I wonder if she saw anything cool?"

My wife wears a speedo type one piece like a swim team member would wear under her wet suit. Not much padding to hold the water in the boob area but what's interesting is I noticed in our pool just last week that the fabric drains. You can actually see the color change from top toward the bottom. My wife isn't small chested so it's not the most modest for some but she's gotten old enough not to care all that much. Between and after dives she usually pulls on a pair of multi colored board shorts and a tee shirt made from some type of wicking material so you can't really tell if it's wet or dry.

Or you could do what a young lady did on our last trip to FL. She was at the front of the deck, just faced away from the rest of the ground and just changed into dry clothes. I was probably one of the few to even notice only because I was sitting next to her.

I just bought a pair of hiking/sports shorts for this reason. And with shorts you don't need undie wear. I hate claggy bottoms.
I am a fan of tankinis for diving. Quick to get bottoms off if need the toilet, easier for changing because in two halves. I roll the top up to get my midriff dry, then I can roll it down if I don't want to flaunt old-age flesh. But they are dangerous. Somewhere on this board is the hilarious story of a woman who pulled her rashguard off over her head, taking her top with it. She got stuck in that "Arms above the head" position with the garment inside out over her head. Yes, people on the boat did notice! I'm not sure how much help she got, they were all laughing so much.
Changing tankini top to a sports top is easy. In a quiet corner, sports top over the head, arms out of tankini straps, arms into sports top, slide sports top down over tankini, pull tankini down from under sports top. Step out of tankini top. Bet you no-one notices - and if they do, they admire your methods.

Yes, I love my tankinis! A bit agitated as I notice the trend returning to one piece suits.

Chilly - Speedo do tankinis. They have the full range in their shop in London.

Beepbird - thank you so much for that. I loved the way the dress could be used as a seat cover in a car. Bonaire - truck left in the sun, hop in, pain of scalding as wet skin turns to steam, hop out, extensive use of bad language. You know - the usual.

I swear by my Undress!
The Undress Version 4 - the #1 Dress on Kickstarter is back!
It's a dress changing station! I can get out of my wet bikini in a minute flat in the middle of dive shop without exposing myself to a sundress.

I think if you can master most of the moves shown in the video you don't need the Undress! And I absolutely CAN and do! At the end of the day I manage to get my bra off without anyone seeing what I'm doing (sort of like in Flashdance but not nearly as attractive because I'm not Jennifer Beals!). The real challenge is getting a bra ON. Not a sports bra - I've sworn off those things - if I use them I'll end up needing rotator cuff surgery. Seriously, you need to be double jointed to wear some of those things. I guess I'm not cut out for the Undress. But they really are cute!

Yes, I love my tankinis! A bit agitated as I notice the trend returning to one piece suits.

One piece? Yuck! Bikin!? Even worse. One will have to pry my tankini top and swim shorts from my cold, dead fingers;

I swear by my Undress!
The Undress Version 4 - the #1 Dress on Kickstarter is back!
It's a dress changing station! I can get out of my wet bikini in a minute flat in the middle of dive shop without exposing myself to a sundress.
Huh? I'm....not sure I get it? Isn't it just a regular sundress? It's not even a signature style or anything, but something extremely common and ordinary. The only extra "feature" it offers is the buttons to pack it up, which can be added if you need, but not really necessary anyway. I do put on something similar over my swimsuit when I want to take it off in front of everyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom