DUI Yukon II Drysuit Leak test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Found one leak, I assume this is the leak that I thought was in the groin. It's actually left upper lumbar area. Little devil.

image0 copy.jpg

Leak test concluded. No leaks on the front. 5 leaks found on the back. 1 in groin, 1 left upper lumbar, 2 left armpit, 1 right forearm.

I did a leak test with the drysuit inside-out with the waterproof dry gloves attached.

CB2D26FC-F09C-4342-A0D1-B1F662778D27.jpeg

Leak test concluded. No leaks on the front. 5 leaks found on the back. 1 in groin, 1 left upper lumbar, 2 left armpit, 1 right forearm.

I did a leak test with the drysuit inside-out with the waterproof dry gloves attached.

View attachment 542313
Wow, that’s a lot of leaks, how many dives on it? The left forearm can be the gloves or the dump valve, some valves will leak if full open.

Wow, that’s a lot of leaks, how many dives on it? The left forearm can be the gloves or the dump valve, some valves will leak if full open.

About 40-60 dives on the suit.

I don’t think the left forearm is the gloves or dump valve.The dump valve is on the opposite side of the holes, the dump valve was fully closed during leak testing and no bubbles were seen. The gloves would cause bilaterally punctures if they were causing holes...I would think.

Hello,

I own a DUI Yukon II Drysuit and need to conduct a leak test. I placed the drysuit inside out. I have the Waterproof dryglove system so there is no latex seal in the wrist. In addition, since the Waterproof dryglove system houses the latex seals and is rigid plastic I can't turn them inside out. Does anyone have any advice how to conduct a drysuit leak test given these specifications? I attached pictures.

Note - I could conduct the drysuit leak test not inside out with the Waterproof dryglove system attached but it's my understanding doing the test inside out is easy to pinpoint the leak.

View attachment 542158

View attachment 542159

View attachment 542160

View attachment 542161

Justin...

You do not need to turn your suit inside-out...

Put your gloves on...seal the neck with a round plastic container...fill it with air through the inflator valve...just enough air so the suit is full with no wrinkles...wet the suit with a hose...spray on a water/soap solution (snoop)...watch for bubbles...mark any leaks with soap stone...

Carefully check crotch/under-arms/bottom of feet...

Most ''small pin hole'' type leaks can be repaired from the inside using Aqua-Seal...

Holes in seals should necessitate seal replacement...zipper leaks should necessitate zipper replacement...

Suggest any repairs you are not comfortable making are repaired by Steve Gamble in Florida...best in the business...with quick turn-around...he is a DUI factory authorized rep...

Hope this helps...

Warren...

Thanks for the response Warren. I’ll try your suggestions if my first trial repairs are unsuccessful.

Great job justinLoos1985, also love the pictures

and makes for a far better repair tackling it from the inside

and much tidier without schmears of aquaseal on the outside too

Thanks for the compliment. I’ll be diving tomorrow and will post my results.

I did another leak test, this time doing it right-side out. I found 1 more pinhole leak in the left leg. I inflated the suit just enough to get the wrinkles out. Approximately 700-900 psi. The drysuit valve started to bubble. Is this normal or does this mean there is a leak in the valve? Note - There was no bubbling when I did the leak test inside-out.

7CAF8227-7C8F-4E62-B0D4-9294966FA51C.jpeg

29D87079-0925-4AAA-BA55-E742A9378DCF.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom