Streamlined Gear for AOW?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BCD (mine's a hybrid wing style)

My bladder is bulky so it would be good to get the SMB in its slipstream.

If you are serious about eliminating bulk and determined to be as streamlined as possible start looking into backplate and wing assemblies.

:stirpot:

You mean like this...

upload_2019-9-27_21-23-8.jpeg

Integrated (w/the low pressure inflator) octos work well for streamlining. My wife has one with a 40” primary hose under her arm. Air sharing is the same as my set up using a necklaced octo. Either are fine setups in my opinion.

As far as safety/informing/panic situations, do you color your primary yellow in any way to indicate that it's the one that someone should take?
You certainly don’t have to but we do use a yellow hose and faceplate on our primaries.

C04EA461-838E-4AA3-8CB9-53E5977EA7C9.jpeg

Depending on your time line I'm in Manchester CT and run a rig along the lines of what a lot of people say.

You'd be welcome to come by and take a look at some point. Just send me a PM.

Anyway I run a BP/W, 40in primary, Necklace October. I just clip my SMB off to a waste d-ring and then have a gage/backup computer that I either clip to the same dring or chest depending on what I'm doing/mood. Don't carry a slate and haven't needed it (yet). Dont have a reel right now but will follow the advice of others here when I pick one up (probably next year).

You certainly don’t have to but we do use a yellow hose and faceplate on our primaries.

I thought about doing this, but wondered if others who do not know my configuration (not my buddy) might see it and not noticing that I was on it all along, think I may be having an issue that is causing me to breathe off my alternate (as per traditional config) and might seek to intervene. I ended up not having yellow on anything.

I thought about doing this, but wondered if others who do not know my configuration (not my buddy) might see it and not noticing that I was on it all along, think I may be having an issue that is causing me to breathe off my alternate (as per traditional config) and might seek to intervene. I ended up not having yellow on anything.
Honestly I think you are over thinking it.

Back
Top Bottom