Pony Setup Feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

upload_2019-9-27_14-55-18.jpeg

You can see in this picture the SPG is out of the way behind the reg. Also less clutter around the valve. (Normally, the second stage would be pulled down and tucked in tighter.)

Nice rigging DeepSeaExplorer.

I like this one

DIR-diver.com - Stagebottle rigging

even with metres of webbing and a sewing machine I still make them with cord

To hold the second stage tight against the valve, I use a loop of thin bungee. Just put that over valve and then stretch loop over second stage. Cheap and non-fussy.

...For those of you who recommended a button, which do you use?...
I've used and still use many pony buttons. Some are good, some not so good.
Dive Rite has by far been the most consistent and accurate as it approaches zero psi (which is when you want it most accurate right?)

Also just a tip from person who is just brutal on his dive gear. If you ever lay/drop/plop your gear bag on a concrete surface you should build yourself a "collar" for your button gauge. Buttons are not very forgiving to bending and a 1-1/2" PVC Tee cut just the right way with a hand saw will save your button. A $1.99 solution to a $30 problem. Ask me how I know :banghead:

Before some asks.......No you don't dive with the collar on, LMAO !!

IMG_5453.JPG

@undrwater, sorry, I don't have a picture at the moment. On a tank that you "sling" there will be two bolt snaps (clips). One is near the bottom of the tank (the tail clip) and the other is close to the valve (the nose clip). So yes, similar to how side mount bottles are clipped in. As others have mentioned in this thread, the choker is just a bungee that loops around the valve of the tank. You then take the nose bolt snap (near the valve) and put the bungee into it, before you clip the tank onto your shoulder D-ring. That keeps the whole rig nice and streamlined. Let me know if this doesn't make sense.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom