Looking for Dive Buddy in Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks! This will be the 4th year in a row I have been there. Combo shore and boat dives.

I will be in Maui for 6 months starting mid June.I am looking for a dive buddy (buddies) for shore dives.

I would love to meet up and get some shore diving in between September 20 and the 23. I have been looking at the Mala wharf for starters.

Aloha
Mala has been Great the last week. Good viz and little surge. I did not dive there today. I’ve been doing a lot of scooter diving. The swell is up just a bit but supposed to get better.

Mahalo
Scuba Steve
Maui Dive Connection
Www.mauidiveconnection.com

I just booked a birthday weekend trip to Maui - I'll be in Lahaina Oct 17-20 and will bring dive gear.

I'll be in Maui Sept. 22 through October 2. I'd love to meet up with you during that timeframe.
My wife and I will be in Maui the same timeframe. Would love to connect and dive.

First dives of the trip. Ed Robinson's Diving Adventure is no more. The boat is now the Prodiver III.
20190926_063615.jpg

Yes, Ed sold the business last month. Wish they would have kept the Sea Spirit name for the boat though. The crew is the same and it’s not supposed to have any of the Discover folks onboard that ProDiver II has, so we’ll see how it goes. Post a report after you dive with them please.

I understand about the Free Spirit name, but they were sold to Prodiver. So, it does make sense that they changed the name. The third boat in their fleet.

Joe is now the full time Captain and Dave (in the picture) is the main guide. They shuffle in other guides and deck hands as needed.

Bottom line, I have now had two days of diving with them and it was exactly the same. I dived with them on Thursday and that was a "select" day. Just like before. It did have divers with much less experience and had two that were fresh out of OW. But that couple had their own DM so they were on their own.

The dives in general were very easy dives, not exactly what I was looking for, but I knew that going in.

Today's dives were much better.Friday's are "adventure" dives, same as before. These require a little more experience. Not much, but at least 25 dives. The weather prevented us from doing anything else but Molokini, but we did the left side of the crater, enter and then around the corner a bit, (don't remember the name of the site) max depth 130', but still had a 45 minute dive. The second dive was reef's end and we only went to about 70' and had a very nice 50 minute dive. Lobsters, white tips, eels, jacks, had a great time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom