GoPro Hero 7 Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt B

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Had a YI Camera which has failed so switching to Gopro. I am a casual user and don't want to spend too much and,haven't really thought about a light yet, However, I do want to get a grip or stick of some kind or ? and a red filter,

Any suggestions for a newby are appreciated,

You may want to get some video above water and see how it looks on your computer. The gopro7 video was too much for my old computer to process and the video was shredded. Even my upgraded computer still sticks in the better quality videos.

This is a GoPro 4 pic, no filters, minimal post processing. I did have twin 2500 lumen video lights. They really help.

I'd go for lights if you can. For deeper pics where there is little or no natural red light, you can't easily add it in later. Filters won't create red light. Lights will.

I'm not a fan of filters. Others are.

I'll post a couple more GoPro stills below.
67512904_10217311443390468_3148441839510487040_n.jpg

Last comment: Even without lights, I personally think post-processing will do more for you in terms of color correction than a filter will. I fully expect other posters to flame me on this, and I can accept that!

Just wondering if the GoPro selfie stick or the bright yellow GoPro bobber better for diving?

Just wondering if the GoPro selfie stick or the bright yellow GoPro bobber better for diving?
Selfie stick will give you more reach for pelagic subjects. I would highly recommend video lights for accurate colors however.

Selfie stick will give you more reach for pelagic subjects. I would highly recommend video lights for accurate colors however.
Not just pelagic but most subjects. I can get closeup of Morey Eel just by reaching with my selfie stick. And I have an attachment on my stick for video light. I recommend a small folding stick either aluminum or carbon fiber.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom