Fuvahmulah

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Fuvahmulah is a remote Island 500km south of Male (Maledives). The place was not available for tourism for a long time. Some liveaboards (deep south) pass there for 1 day/night. I stayed for about 8 days on the Island. Recently there was a dive operator who started up on the island and I dived with them. It's a wild place with a lot of pelagic life. Different species of sharks: hammerheads, tiger sharks, silvertips, white tips, even tresher sharks. I saw also a small whaleshark and mobula's. What makes this place unique is the presence of tiger sharks.

To quote Panda:

"The Tigers are waiting for you"

:)

Fuvahmulah is a remote Island 500km south of Male (Maledives). The place was not available for tourism for a long time. Some liveaboards (deep south) pass there for 1 day/night. I stayed for about 8 days on the Island. Recently there was a dive operator who started up on the island and I dived with them. It's a wild place with a lot of pelagic life. Different species of sharks: hammerheads, tiger sharks, silvertips, white tips, even tresher sharks. I saw also a small whaleshark and mobula's. What makes this place unique is the presence of tiger sharks.

hy, how would you rate the visit. is it worth to go there for a week ? i ve been to the Maldives 5times and im interested in fuavamullah, but can't get the feeling if its really worth it.. i think you went with fakrikede ? where did you stay ?

Hi;
I can certainly recommend Fuvahmulah for one week diving if you like pelagic life. It's still an untouched Island without fancy restaurants and nice coctailbasr at the beachfront. You can't even find alcohol on the Island. So if diving is your main purpose I can really recommend it. It's still a little adventerious. I dive with Fuvahmulah Dive school. When I was there Farakide divers had an issue with their boat. I think that Fuvahmulah Dive school is a better option. I stayed in Equator residence. It was a nice quiet place with nice food. As I said there are no resorts. Only some small hotels which are not situated at the oceanside. Have fun!

Hi;
I can certainly recommend Fuvahmulah for one week diving if you like pelagic life. It's still an untouched Island without fancy restaurants and nice coctailbasr at the beachfront. You can't even find alcohol on the Island. So if diving is your main purpose I can really recommend it. It's still a little adventerious. I dive with Fuvahmulah Dive school. When I was there Farakide divers had an issue with their boat. I think that Fuvahmulah Dive school is a better option. I stayed in Equator residence. It was a nice quiet place with nice food. As I said there are no resorts. Only some small hotels which are not situated at the oceanside. Have fun!

Thanks for info again.
I had dived in 5 different local islands. So I am familiar with the local island life, which is different from luxury resort.
Did you buy a stay and dive package or book hotel and dive separately?

Hi, There is generally 2/3 more decent hotel or accommodation. I gotten the full board and enjoyed the diving. Nothing very much to roam unless you have a guide or borrow the bicycle and ride around in your small group before sundown. The Fuvahmulah Dive School, Tatiana and her partner takes care of you. They will be at the airport or Speedboat jetty from GAN island. Their dive shop is also less than 100m from this same jetty.

Bump...
How do you reach Fuvahmulah? From Gan international airport and then taking a boat?

Jumping in on this thread- see my avatar. We got a domestic flight from Male to Fuvahmulah. Panda and Tatiana met us at the airport and sorted the whole trip. We just booked everything through the Fuvahmulah dive Facebook page on messenger. Had no complaints with the package/ price and would definitely book everything through them again.

Thanks... I have been told that the diving feeds the sharks to attract them. Did you experience that?

Back
Top Bottom