Possible southern reef closure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So is the area closed to snorkeling as well? Is Punta Sur stopping people from snorkeling out to reefs?

Don, feel free to make any changes you feel are needed but don't force changes on me to fix the fraud of climate change

You make some good points @Ron Lee then you go and say something ridiculous like this and it completely ruins your credibility.

It's ok to be open minded and critical, and wait for the rapidly increasing piles of evidence regarding climate change to become convincing enough for even the most skeptical, but to outright call it "fraud" is no different from saying the moon landings were faked and the earth is flat and it's all part of a greater conspiracy.

You make some good points @Ron Lee then you go and say something ridiculous like this and it completely ruins your credibility.

It's ok to be open minded and critical, and wait for the rapidly increasing piles of evidence regarding climate change to become convincing enough for even the most skeptical, but to outright call it "fraud" is no different from saying the moon landings were faked and the earth is flat and it's all part of a greater conspiracy.

If you want to believe in the climate change hoax that is your choice. I observed spacecraft going to the moon many years ago.

If there is anything official published and it is in Spanish, please don't rely just on a Google translation. Those are almost worthless.

How about we quit the childish arguments about climate change. No one is going to change anyone's opinions about an issue like that on a Scuba Forum.

Do we know dive site is going to be the Northern boundary of the new restriction zone - Palancar Gardens? Dalila?

This climate change pissoff belongs in the Pub. And nobody here has any grounds to be sanctimonious. The carbon footprint from jetting to dive destinations and riding dive boats to the reefs far outweighs any savings from paper straws or reusable shopping bags.
Now you are calling facts a pissoff. Nice, just nice.

How about we quit the childish arguments about climate change. No one is going to change anyone's opinions about an issue like that on a Scuba Forum.

Do we know dive site is going to be the Northern boundary of the new restriction zone - Palancar Gardens? Dalila?

Yes please. You boys take your argument to facebook or email or ... wherever (haha... see who gets the reference). I'd particularly like to know what is the furthest south we'll be able to dive? I am headed there in November, going anyway for the ironman so we'll dive where we can but am not canceling

70574536_2343759785836346_5671906112853508096_n.jpg

It looks like parts of palancar and south will be closed. La Francesa and north will be open from what I can tell.

i've seen the maps, but it's not clear if Gardens or Horseshoe are included (Caves is my favorite, bummer). Looks loosely like all of Palancar are included in the ban. I don't know well enough what is south and north of palancar pier

Yes please. You boys take your argument to facebook or email or ... wherever (haha... see who gets the reference). I'd particularly like to know what is the furthest south we'll be able to dive? I am headed there in November, going anyway for the ironman so we'll dive where we can but am not canceling

Roughly La Francesa if it happens and doesn't change.

Back
Top Bottom