Getting STINAPA tags has changed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i got a physical tag today..
I want one more before they are gone. As much as I hate plastics, call the tag a souvenir, BCD decoration, or Christmas tree ornament to justify it. This should really be the only physical item coming home with us from the ocean besides our bodies, gear, and non-recyclable rubbish.

This is going to cause big issues. I don't carry ID when diving....no place to keep it nor do I carry a phone. This is a bad idea.
I was thinking the same thing. In a country where you are told never to leave anything in your car, you only take what you can dive with to the site. That certainly doesn't include a cell phone.

When I shore dive in the states with my electronic key fob, I put it into a water bottle that's duck taped to the dive flag. The bottle is waterproof enough to keep the contents dry in 1' of water or so. Might be able to upgrade to a larger container for a phone (or preferably, a tag print).

Been using this for years. Room key, safe key, car key, fob,cash, and a picture of momma go into it.
S3T10_2.jpg

Been using this for years. Room key, safe key, car key, fob,cash, and a picture of momma go into it.
View attachment 542162

I use one too. Learned a lesson though: tie a piece of surgical tubing around it to protect the clasp from inadvertently catching it on something and popping it open.

I use one too. Learned a lesson though: tie a piece of surgical tubing around it to protect the clasp from inadvertently catching it on something and popping it open.
Use one all the time. Just keep it in my bcd pocket so it does not catch on anything.

I attach the lanyard of the casee to a D ring then it goes into a BCD pocket. I've tried to open it underwater before but wasn't able to lift the clasp.
Also here's both sides of the last park tags.
last park tag.jpg
uw case and last park tags.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom