Drysuit undergarment modification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joebelanger

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi everyone,

I am getting into diving colder water that normal (31-50f) and have a nice pair of DUI Arctic undergarments. I have a fairly broad chest so they are XL and fit nicely on the torso but the legs are about 6-8 inches too long. I need to find someone like a seamstress who can modify them for me. I am not sure a "normal" seamstress is the one I need. Was wondering if anyone has recommendations on someone who can modify them who has experience with more complex wear life these multi-layer undergarments.

If you know anyone who can do this feel free to post here of email me at joe [at] joe belanger [dot] com.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Joe

You might also try phoning Hollywood Divers and ask who they recommend for undergarment alterations. (If that Huntington Beach is the one in CA). I bet they have someone to recommend who can alter it for you.

I can second the rec for Seaskin undies. I have their 250g thinsulate and it is very warm, it stays warm when wet, and it fits perfectly as it was MTM. MIne cost about $190 which can vary with the exchange rate. You must factor in a customs tax bill also ($50 or so was what I was billed). 1/3 the price of the Halo 3D I was considering.

For the price, the Seaskin undergarment is very nice and I plan to order a 150g one too. I only have 10 dives on the 250g so the one thing I can't speak to is how it holds up long-term. I haven't had the need to launder it yet.

are you cultivating anything interesting in there

I would suggest lemons

and laundering if you dare taking a used undergarment to any seamstress worth their salt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom