Tips on lake dive at Capo d'Acqua

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sbiriguda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I will dive in Capo d'Acqua. I would like suggestions from you on how to make videos there and how to edit them

My gear is:
Go Pro Hero 6 black
Tray
Andoer light
Backscatter flip filter

The result I would like to get is more or less this one:

While I noticed that others made videos that look worse, especially the colors, like these:

It's a lake dive, the water is very clear and transparent. It's spring water from the mountains all around, and it contains few algae and microorganisms. The maximum depth is -13 meters (about 42.65 feet) but mostly the dive is I would say at -5 meters or -7 m (23 feet), not more than -10 in order to avoid stirring up bottom sediments. There is an old town from the middle ages underwater

Now my questions:
1) should I use a light or not?
2) should I use a backscatter filter? I think I have 3 of them including a "shallow" filter which I normally don't use
3) what kind of editing should I make to the colors?
4) what kind of video should I make to the surrounding mountains before and after the dive?

Thanks (and sorry for the long post)

Hello
Yes, the diving is diving Atlantide based in L’Aquila, you can ask of Dante Cetrioli
ATLANTIDE scuola sommozzatori - unico gestore del lago di Capo D'Acqua, Homepage,
Make sure you contact them well in advance. Capodacqua is a small irrigation lake inside a natural reserve, it’s closed to the public. The only way to get the permission to dive there is to call atlantidesub. They must come from L’Aquila on purpose to bring the guides, so if you contact them they can find a place for you when other groups go.
Capodacqua is part of the town of Capestrano, which is worth a visit itself. Very close there is also Rocca Calascio, a must see if you have time, it’s the castle where they shot several movies, including The Name of the Rose, Ladyhawk, Il viaggio della sposa and others
If you plan to go there perhaps you can make it part of a longer trip, it’s a long way from Varese and maybe you can add some stops to visit towns in Romagna or Marche, or Rome if you pass by the west coast

PS
We are not far sometimes we can meet for a dive if you like

Back
Top Bottom