Best bcd in the market now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Zeagle Ranger and i cannot recommend it enough. It's very versatile and i cannot think of a situation where it would not be suited to. Not to mention the fact it has a patented integrated weight system that can all be released very quickly with the pull of one handle. The ranger has a great personal fit system so you can make sure the BC fits very comfortable and it's adjustment range is huge. Me & my girlfriend both dive it (size MD/LG) and we are of very different body shapes and sizes. We both love diving it. It has more lift than you could ever need (better than not having enough) The ability to dive with singles, or doubles. You can easily add a crotch strap (i did). If you want to dive doubles you can very easily just attach a backplate to the system and then your off, then remove it again with the twist of two nuts and your back to single backmount. The zeagle is very durable, god only knows what you would have to do to destroy this thing. It has a pull inflator dump on the shoulder, trim pockets, and it weighs just slightly over 3.5KG, along with the fact it doesn't have a hard back support so you can fold it up to take it away easily for travel diving. They can be had quite cheap second hand on eBay.
thnx for your support..i love zeagle but here in egypt we have bad service vendor....i just focus choices now on scubapro seahawuk , hydros or apeks black ice
then money talk

scubapro seahawuk , hydros or apeks black ice

Hydros will be no. 1 followed very closely by the Seahawk 2. Apeks Black ice will be at the very last/bottom of this list by a wide margin.

What about mares sls weight system bcd' s..some one recomended them to me..

Hello Experts
Hope all are fine..
i need to upgrade my bcd..i think about scubapro x-black , seahawk or apeks black ice
Iam recreational diver in warm water..My old one was cressi start pro..
Need your support in choosing..any other suggestions are appreciated

Cheers

the best bcd on the market is the one I currently own and use. At least thats always the answer everyone gives. And in this case it is completely true.

Scubapro Hydros Pro with SS1 added so only use 2 hoses on reg vs 4 normally. I have A.I. of course.

the atomic bc1 and bc2 are 1400 msrp, the halcyon eclipse is a bargain compared.

if you want bang for your buck, check out dgx, deep 6, and vdh.

Store | Vintage Double Hose

DGX Custom - DGX Singles Harness / Backplate / Wing Package | Dive Gear Express®

I live in the SF bay area. At my local dive shop they have 20 percent off twice a year and sell the hydros pro always at under msrp so total price was about 700 bucks for my hydros pro. its similar to that new atomic bcd. I do like the ratcheting on the new atomic but if its 1400 they can keep walkin...

you can get two dgx bpws for the same amount of that one hydros at diver dans though

well first if at that shop they will promote a different more expensive brand of bpw and then there is the downside of that pbw which is why i didnt get a bpw ..... i do cold water dives here in monterey and channel islands and also dive 85 degree philippines and mexico twice a year.

if i go cheap bpw i need a steel backplate for here and id want a superlight carbon fiber for travel. all that would likely put my far FAR more cost than my 700 hydros

hydros pro packs into a tiny package and goes into its carry on the plane backpack. I also stuff two regulators, two dive computers, a full 3 mil wetsuit, two facemasks, a snorkel, and misc other small scuba stuff into the hydros backpack and walk onto plane. its pretty awesome. and its instantly dry as soon as I leave the water. and when i take off the normal webbing and replace with the tropical webbing that doesnt use the standard hydros weight pouches it is basically a backplate and wing that due to the material that sticks to your wetsuit does not need a crotch strap. although they supply that free also along with the backpack. so you get two different full setups with the hydros. coldwater and tropical. all for 700.

ALOT of people here talk down about hydros and pump up bpw not knowing the hydros is also a bpw if you swap out to the included tropical webbing and add the included crotch strap. again not needed. its ULTRA minimalist or you can turn it into a christmas tree.

I also understand cost. I am always broke and have no savings and rent is 2000 per month. im really broke but i do not skimp on scuba. I have a T3 titanum reg, shearwater perdix, pony tank with a second reg... i go full boat for scuba though i have no money to take the girlfriend out to dinner.

i get being broke believe me but id rather be broke than drowned. I had an old and well serviced older reg fail on me on my 100 ft deep AOW dive at 90 foot depth.

after that i paid top for all equipment

I use the same steel backplate for cold water and warm water. I use one computer. I carry one mask. I don't own a pony bottle. I've managed just fine for decades without making my LDS owner rich.

just get weight pockets for the bpw. that is what you do with the hydros anyways, since it doesn't have any inherent ballast.

hydros is a back inflate bcd, not a bpw. it can't handle doubles as there is no plate.

if you are looking for something to save you from drowning, you are in the market for a life jacket not a bcd.

What about mares sls weight system bcd' s..some one recomended them to me..

I am not a fan of Mares anything, we phased all of Mares and Cressi equipment out of our training/rental fleet in our dive school. There is a huge difference in quality, fit and comfort between the Scubapro and Mares BC's based on my own personal experience. When Scubapro is available as an option, I'd never look at a Mares BC or even a regulator or anything.

Back
Top Bottom