Alec Pierce Scuba - Long Hose Good or Bad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you new? This is how he always sounds, inoffensive but totally unintelligible. I suspect what was previously illegal but is now mostly legal has had a profound affect on him.

Been here a couple years now. Apparently, I've been lucky.

A number of us have already gone on his YouTube page.
Lol
That’s formal and professional.
By all means then continue bitching about him and point out how he’s full of bovine excrement.

And don’t offer the correct way, don’t instruct at all, that would be a travesty.

Lol
That’s formal and professional.
By all means then continue bitching about him and point out how he’s full of bovine excrement.

And don’t offer the correct way, don’t instruct at all, that would be a travesty.
So tell me, what did you find unprofessional in my comments over there? If you didn't read them, pound sand.

Are you new? This is how he always sounds, inoffensive but totally unintelligible. I suspect what was previously illegal but is now mostly legal has had a profound affect on him.
Dude. Please.

Alec was almost 100% spot on. Normal divers are who look at his usually very helpful channel (normal divers also look at the Lake Hickory Scuba channel, the other very helpful channel on YouTube; it's a shame there aren't more), and normal divers use a yellow octopus. He stated that using a standard configuration is safer than not doing so, which is usually true (and, in fact is the mantra of tec divers, who just use a different standard). Again, yellow octopus is the standard config. He's not aiming at tec divers, but at rec divers. Calling it "Tech Tips" means it's about the equipment normal divers use, as opposed to fish ID or some such thing, not that it's somehow about tec diving. He should have been more accurate in describing long hose use, but his ultimate point was solid. Do you see dive shops renting gear in other configurations? Not very often, because it would be begging for a very well deserved lawsuit when someone gets hurt.

By the way, calling him a doper, or incoherent, or other things, isn't a logical argument. Nor is saying things like that everyone has a yellow octopus only because that's what's sold--you can just put a period at "octopus," as the next phrase is just pointless. He's a bit goofy, but that's OK.

On another note, I thank the people who responded to my questions about the rationale for primary donate. However, most of those reasons had to do with mixed gases, knobs rolling on ceilings, twin tank configurations, and so forth. None of that has anything at all to do with normal divers. So, while tec gear configuration might be good for the very few, most of those rationales don't apply to rec diving. Just the "let's be nice and give people a clean reg" type of rationale applies.

So tell me, what did you find unprofessional in my comments over there? If you didn't read them, pound sand.
I read them, I’d post them here, but oh that’s right, the video was taken down, unlike an email where it can be referenced.
Too bad everyone else here won’t be able to see them oh wise one.

Dude. Please.

Alec was almost 100% spot on. Normal divers are who look at his usually very helpful channel (normal divers also look at the Lake Hickory Scuba channel, the other very helpful channel on YouTube; it's a shame there aren't more), and normal divers use a yellow octopus. He stated that using a standard configuration is safer than not doing so, which is usually true (and, in fact is the mantra of tech divers, who just use a different standard). Again, yellow octopus is the standard config. He's not aiming at tec divers, but at rec divers. Calling it "Tech Tips" means it's about the equipment normal divers use, as opposed to fish ID or some such thing, not that it's somehow about tec diving. He should have been more accurate in describing long hose use, but his ultimate point was solid. Do you see dive shops renting gear in other configurations? Not very often, because it would be begging for a very well deserved lawsuit when someone gets hurt.

By the way, calling him a doper, or incoherent, or other things, isn't a logical argument. Nor is saying things like that everyone has a yellow octopus only because that's what's sold--you can just put a period at "octopus," as the next phrase is just pointless. He's a bit goofy, but that's OK.

On another note, I thank the people who responded to my questions about the rationale for primary donate. However, most of those reasons had to do with mixed gases, knobs rolling on ceilings, twin tank configurations, and so forth. None of that has anything at all to do with normal divers. So, while DIR might be good for the very few, most of those rationales don't apply to rec diving. Just the "let's be nice and give people a clean reg" type of rationale applies.

He was talking about the dude I quoted, not alec.

But to address your last point, the reg you're breathing is as good as it gets. And you're in a better position as the donor to deal with any issues that may arise with the other reg. The bungee necklace does a good job of protecting it. Better than the traditional octo setup in my experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom