Back Plate and wing..$28 dollars invested!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks... Round 2 is in the works now that the concept is proven. I might do a build thread, or at least document cost comparisons if there is an interest.

You’re looking to do cost comparisons it to get it below $25? :rofl3:

This is pretty awesome, even at the outrageous price of $28.

You’re looking to do cost comparisons it to get it below $25? :rofl3:

This is pretty awesome, even at the outrageous price of $28.
Nice... Never thought of reading it like that! Version 2 is done (for Lampshade Junior), I just need time to put together the documentation comparing costs to a "professional" product, and costs without 3d printer access... It does use an excessive and arbitrary amount of 3d printed pieces right now!

Version 2 post is up in it's own thread.

Respectfully,

James

Does it have a pressure relief valve?
Right side kidney dump... Same on my second version.
Dirt Cheap BP/W Mk2
I used to skydive, where the pilot chute was on the right, so that's just the natural position for me to put it. No reason I couldn't do left side, or both.

So how did you attach the parts to that tube? Do just cut and pinch it? Or did you use some kind of sealing process heat or adhesive?

So how did you attach the parts to that tube? Do just cut and pinch it? Or did you use some kind of sealing process heat or adhesive?
Carefully cut the 1 inch hole for the flange, then the flanges from DGX us a 2 layer gasket... I only used a one layer gasket cut from rubber sheet. My gasket is not perfect, but only seeps under a significant pressure differential. Just did a 50 minute shallow dive last weekend with no visible leakage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom