Alec Pierce Scuba - Long Hose Good or Bad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had a number of students turn up on Rescue course wit long hose. I have no problem with that

What I do have an issue with is those (greater than 50% ) who have it as a fashion accessory and have no clue how to donate under pressure

I'm quite adept (as a "victim") of;
  • Grabbing the bunged second
  • Grabbing the primary and "strangling" them because they don't unfurl
  • Making an "uncontrolled" ascent at the max extension of the hose, out of their reach to control me, and dragging them up
I wish people who adopt gear configs would take the time to learn and practice the basics

Octopus? Safe-Second? Donate Primary? Donate Secondary?

What are these magical things you all speak of?

I was taught (and in my NAUI Instructor Course many moons ago - taught to teach) buddy breathing as the end all of rescuing an out-of-air diver.

Are you saying all that has changed? No wonder that guy the other day got pissed at me when he swam up to me, gave me the out-of-air signal, and couldn't figure out why I gave him my one and only 2nd stage but kept my hand firmly grasped around the hose before taking it back out of his mouth. :) I suppose now someone is going to tell me the Navy changed their no-decompression limits in their dive tables? It's still 50 feet for 100 minutes right? :) :acclaim:

cc to: @Sam Miller III

ive known alec for 30 years , this is the real guy in all his glory.......

Ha ha ha ha ha brilliant the brains trust hath once again spilleth over
if you had seen over the years discussion amongst long hose divers

about which hose to breathe which to donate and how to route them

the arguments still would not come close to this current undesirable
Scubaboard generally uninformed offended villagers tangent twisting

Go Alec go Alec go Alec go

I'm about to post a video on Jesus ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Given that some percentage of PADI and SSI divers are taught to donate the primary (and this is the overwhelming majority of divers), it is more than 1% of divers who would donate the primary.

It should also be 100% of air mcdoodle owners/users. Not sure what the sales figures are like for those.

Ha ha ha ha ha brilliant the brains trust hath once again spilled over
if you had seen over the years discussion amongst long hose divers

about which hose to breathe which to donate and how to route them

the arguments still would not come close to this current undesirable
Scubaboard generally uninformed offended villagers tangent twisting

Go Alec go Alec go Alec go

I'm about to post a video on jesus ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Maybe I've had a couple too many already, but I feel like I should ask if you're ok after reading this.

Pretty good example of people who think there an authority on a subject but are actually the opposite.

The real shame is that people will watch this and believe him.

Ugh.
It’s a real shame that everyone is bitching about him on here.
Maybe you should all write him a letter saying “this is very very bad, I’m telling”

Maybe you should all write him a letter saying “this is very very bad, I’m telling”

A number of us have already gone on his YouTube page.

Oh, peeps go bananas on youtube too :)

EDIT: can't ask for better timing :)

Maybe I've had a couple too many already, but I feel like I should ask if you're ok after reading this.

Are you new? This is how he always sounds, inoffensive but totally unintelligible. I suspect what was previously illegal but is now mostly legal has had a profound affect on him.

Back
Top Bottom