Dive Flag Needed for Shore Dives Brockville?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rob.mwpropane

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Good day, heading to Canada this weekend, looking to see if dive flags are needed / required / law for shore dives?

Looking to do some simple dives in Brockville. I'm taking a flag, just want to know what the laws are. I can't find anything definitive online (I may not be looking in the right place though!)

If the rules are consistent across Ontario, I can say shore diving in Tobermory mandates a float/flag. I reckon it is a province wide requirement....

Nautical Alpha Flag that the rest of the world uses, or the US red diver flag with the white diagonal stripe?

Michael

Good day, heading to Canada this weekend, looking to see if dive flags are needed / required / law for shore dives?

Looking to do some simple dives in Brockville. I'm taking a flag, just want to know what the laws are. I can't find anything definitive online (I may not be looking in the right place though!)

Flag is required on the US side of the river, that much I know; as well as in Tobermory, which is in the same province and essentially on the same waterway, so it is a safe bet it would be required.

There is a chance I'll head up to Brockville in November; let me know which shore sites you like the most.

IIRC - The Alpha flag is a BOAT displayed flag for indicating a vessel with limited maneuverability due to conducting diving operations. It is nowhere a proper flag for shore diving activities.

@Wookie

This is the one I have. I'm bringing it, just wanted to know what I was in for. Thanks guys, I'll use it then. I mean, it'd be smarter to use it anyway.

This is what I have;

Inflatable Dive Flag , Piranha Dive Shop |

you only require them in designated areas such provincial parks etc

If in doubt...
display the red & white flag and/or the blue and white flag.

Displaying a dive flag of any type is certainly no assurance that you will not be struck by a boat
But if you are struck and injured
It is assurance that you will have recourse for your injuries in a court of law.

SDM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom