Question about dialing my weight in.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just reporting back after my dives.

I tried putting 2lbs in each trim pocket and it seemed to be pretty much perfect. I had one the right side of the top cam band and one on the left side of the bottom cam band. I am not sure if that is the preferred way to align trim weight or not, but it seemed to work fine for me.

I was only able to do 2 dives due to weather (had 4 planned) and those 2 dives felt pretty perfect. It also felt great using my own full setup for the very first time.

That is exactly how I have my rig configured. In fact with a full 5 mm wetsuit I use the same weight: 2 lbs in each trim pocket. You may want to check it by doing a weight check at the end of a dive with only 500 psig left in the tank.

Rough guide weight check

With a full tank, and empty BCD/wing your head should be below the surface by the width of your hand, then exhale and check you sink. Adjust as necessary

Personally I'm always neg on the SS and need a bit of air in my wing, that way I know I can hold buoyancy if I'm lighter for any reason.

You'll only ever be perfectly weighted at one point of a dive....

Back
Top Bottom