Need exhaust valve for old calypso regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I was certified back in about (I can't find my card) 1973- 74. I purchased my calypso regulator back then and need an exhaust valve for it. I found a part number (105139) and thought that was what I needed. But that valve is way too big. That valve was about 30mm wide and my exhaust port is only about 22mm wide. Does anyone know where I can find the correct part number and part? I will thank everyone who responds in advance and thank you for your help.

You can also get that size mushroom valve off new snorkels. Go to Goodwill and pick up a used snorkel for very little, then take out the mushroom valve at the bottom of modern "dry" snorkels?

Then, get a newer second stage, with a larger exhaust. Those old second stages for the Calypso did not pass the U.S. Navy Experimental Diving Unit standards for regulator performance. Use your old one as an octopus second stage. You can get newer metal Calypso second stages used, with much improved exhaust openings, for very little, and those ol' metal second stages perform as well as many brand new second stages.

SeaRat

PS, you will probably also need a splitter in order to mount two second stages, and a power inflator, on the old style Calypso (the diaphragm design). Ignore this if you have the piston version.

If you decide you want a newer (less old?) metal conshelf/1085 second with the larger exhaust, I have a few I've cleaned and rebuilt... Tub tested by the resident 9 year old bathtub scuba test dummy! My wife would be excited if I clear out some of my work bench... Reasonably priced. Let me know if you want picture of what I have available.

James

Thanks very much, I ordered one today, really appreciate your help. I had just about run out of hope of finding one.
No worries... Poke around that site and it's full of good info. At the bottom of the page he has a link to a manuals repository that will cover almost anything you want to fix or rebuild.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom