Apeks FSR first stage, when did they update it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The 5th port conversion for DST has been available for very long time. I wonder if anyone has tried to fit it on FST/FSR(old model) successfully.

How about the older ATX or even TX version?
Not too sure if there was ever TX200 at all. But TX 100(FST) does exist in late 90s.

The ATX FSR has a different balance chamber so I'm thinking not. I don't have one to try but assume there is a size difference.

I should had compared the internal of the old DST, FSR(ATX) and FSR(XTX) when I had the opportunity . Pity.

Anyone know what Apeks has done to the FSR/FST to make it compatible to the 5th port? Any alternation on the HP balance port? The old FSR use AP5309 and how about the latest model?

Both pre and post 2013 FSR XTX200 use balance chamber AP5309/B. FSR ATX200 uses AP5309. I can only assume the B denotes a revision. All FSTs including post 2013 use the AP5309.

The 5th port upgrade kit is the same for both FSR and FST given the both use different balance chamber part numbers unless the changes are internal (?) there should be no reason why the 5th port cannot be used on all FSR/FST variants.

Must be internal changes otherwise why not market the kit for all models?

I'm going to service my older FSR XTX200 tomorrow, I'll fit the kit and see, although given Degenerate has already done this with success I see no reason why my results won't be the same.

I'll post back.

A marketing strategy to get people who want the 5th port to upgrade ? Hope not as that seems a little shady.

Save the body, and cosmetics (decal etc) every single part used on the pre and post 2013 FSR XTX200 is identical, so any difference can only be in the body.
It must be in the body.
A secret channel and mate with the conversion kit so provide extra outlet for the gas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom