Apeks FSR first stage, when did they update it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Degenerate

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
I recently picked up a cheap FSR first stage of the "older" model.
As I understand it the newer updated model has a slightly different appearance on the logo, my newer model has an XTX200 logo on the and my older models just have an "A" sort of logo.
When I got my 5th LP port upgrade kits for my FSRs the manual specified that it would only work with the newer model with the XTX200 logo (which btw is bull, I put it in the "older" model and have done 50ish dives so far without trouble).

So, does anyone know when the design/upgrade took place?
Because the seller of the FSR is saying he bought it new recently but the appearance says older model and the inside of it really says older model, lots of crap inside it...

2013 when the xtx 2.0 revision came about i believe is when the logo changed. the satin finish FSR are atx series and have a 1/2 inch primary port. the glossy finish are all xtx series and standard size ports.

Thanks for the replies!
helps me figure out that either I was lied to or the one I bought it from was lied to at the store...

I am trying to find out why the 5th port kit is not supposed to be used with the previous version. Might be a simple matter of It only was submitted for testing with the newer version, and so is only labelled that way. But that is a guess; will update if I find out.

I am trying to find out why the 5th port kit is not supposed to be used with the previous version. Might be a simple matter of It only was submitted for testing with the newer version, and so is only labelled that way. But that is a guess; will update if I find out.
I couldn't find a reason for it while comparing the internals of the two versions either.
As I said, I have done about 50 dives with the kit installed now and it has worked flawlessly.
Your guess sounds like the most logical explanation, at least somewhat more logical than "here's a great opportunity to sell some of these newer version stages".

I just did a part number comparison all hp end including balance chamber part numbers between the pre and post FSR XTX200 are the same. I suspect Jack is correct. I see no reason why the 5th kit should not work. I do note the balance chamber has a different part number on the FSR ATX 200 though, so perhaps it's not compatible with that version.

Seems strange though as I guess they could sell way more kits if they marketed as such and given you cannot buy the older version anymore (officially) seems like they are missing out on a way to make more money. Weird.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom