SP 109 vs (balanced) 250, my experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's a thread here:
Sea Hornet Air Commando Regulators

IMO they breathe a LOT better than a Conshelf 14

The thing about the Conshelf is if I use it straight after a balanced second stage I notice the difference but after diving it for for a while straight it feels "fine".

Yeah I still haven't forgiven you for doing that to a Porpoise :wink:

Oh dude, don't please
anyhow the previous caretakers had opened it with stillsons and subjected it to all sorts of other savagery
had to get the thing brazed and run through a lathe

by the way I can't remember how I applied it with what
but be cool, as my lovely authentic patina polishes off

We just need to organise that mouth piece bib thing man

Was it an accident or did he do it on........

Oh dude, don't please
anyhow the previous caretakers had opened it with stillsons and subjected it to all sorts of other savagery
had to get the thing brazed and run through a lathe by the way I can't remember how I applied it with what
but be cool, as my lovely authentic patina polishes off

We just need to organise that mouth piece bib thing man
:stirpot:
Yep, have 3D modelled it and a fully detailed engineering drawing is with HDS right now... same with the diaphragms, getting quotes back.

There's a thread here:
Sea Hornet Air Commando Regulators

IMO they breathe a LOT better than a Conshelf 14

Always liked the look of these when they were on the shelves but was seduced by the early Apeks at the time. On the attached brochure they quote the first stage flow rate in l/min from one port- which makes it real rather than from all combined ports like one brand that likes to expound huge flow rates!

And the adjust knob stem is correctly sealed with an o-ring not open to salt water incursion and the threads locking up with corrosion like the 109 and G250!
Just sayin’ :D

Back
Top Bottom