Highly recommended! Dive+ color correction app for free

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hbut if you want to be able to zoom, crop or blow up for large prints, that could be a problem! Anyone know how to retain the image size when color correcting?

Don't assume the smaller file size means problems. Most cameras default to unnecessarily high resolution, I can cut my photos down to less than 200k in size and still crop to my hearts content without a noticeable change in image quality on my computer screen.

Try it on some of your compressed photos. I bet you won't see any problems.

Don't assume the smaller file size means problems. Most cameras default to unnecessarily high resolution, I can cut my photos down to less than 200k in size and still crop to my hearts content without a noticeable change in image quality on my computer screen.

Try it on some of your compressed photos. I bet you won't see any problems.

Thanks for chiming in, Londy. I've looked at a few and so far, I think you may be right. I'll have to do some more testing to be sure. Printing a large size will be my best determiner so I'll see how that goes.

Yes- if you are printing hard copies then you'll need much higher resolution. Out of curiosity, why does anyone print hard copies when you've got digital photoframes and computer screens to view your pictures on?

Yes- if you are printing hard copies then you'll need much higher resolution. Out of curiosity, why does anyone print hard copies when you've got digital photoframes and computer screens to view your pictures on?

Guess I'm just old fashioned that way! :)
Anyway, I'm talking 13"x19". I hang the good ones on the walls (which means I have one hanging on the wall so far!). You don't find too many digital frames that size. If I ever get one I feel is worthy, I would like to have it professionally printed even larger. Besides, I don't want to have to hang my pictures based on where outlets are or go to where my computer is whenever I want to see them.

Guess I'm just old fashioned that way! :)
Anyway, I'm talking 13"x19". I hang the good ones on the walls (which means I have one hanging on the wall so far!). You don't find too many digital frames that size. If I ever get one I feel is worthy, I would like to have it professionally printed even larger. Besides, I don't want to have to hang my pictures based on where outlets are or go to where my computer is whenever I want to see them.

Not to make this a discussion about photoframes but please allow me to continue this off topic discussion for at least one more post.

Photoframes come in those sizes and even larger- realize that any flat screen TV or computer monitor can be made into a photoframe either with a USB stick if the TV is so equipped or with a Roku or other input device, even an old laptop that can be placed behind furniture. By electrical code, there is almost always an outlet within 6-8' of any spot on the wall, and it's an easy matter to make a hole behind the screen, another at the base of the wall and fish an extension cord through it, along the floor or inside baseboard heat, and over to a nearby outlet. Or simply hide the wire with a decorative wire cover.

A photoframe will almost always show the picture at it's best, it can be the highlight of a room especially if the lights are dimmed, and allow you to circulate through more than one picture using various transition effects for greater interest.

Why look at only one picture all the time when you've probably got several good ones you'd like to display?

-> Back to topic

Dive+ is amazing for photos but it seems to degrade the resolution of my videos. Shooting a GoPro Hero 7 Black shooting in 4k and 2.7k, 60 fps, and using the Dive+ app on an Android 8+, the videos looks good in the app's preview but the final product after saving looks pixelated at some points. Any suggestions on how to avoid or fix this problem would be very much appreciated.

Dive+ is amazing for photos but it seems to degrade the resolution of my videos. Shooting a GoPro Hero 7 Black shooting in 4k and 2.7k, 60 fps, and using the Dive+ app on an Android 8+, the videos looks good in the app's preview but the final product after saving looks pixelated at some points. Any suggestions on how to avoid or fix this problem would be very much appreciated.

I agree. I have been doing pics for the most part and only recently started converting my videos with this app. It seems that if you are taking videos of the reef or subjects with no open water around them, it does a decent job. For me, though it's my shots of open water or with open water in the background that it can't seem to handle.
Different shades (from light at the surface to dark at depth, especially) appear as distinct bands and there is a great deal of pixelation within those bands. It's bad enough that I'll have to revert back to my original footage of these scenes and see how well I can do with my PowerDirector software. That's too bad because I really don't know what I'm doing in general when it comes to color correction and such.

I am trying to find a link for the Dive+ app. See lots of talk about it but not the link. Can you help. Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom