Container to take car smart key fob down with me.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I ended up getting a couple of dumb keys made which just open the door of the car. I am able to lock the FOB in the car no problem and it stays locked. I guess using the manual door lock disables the auto FOB detection keyless entry feature. I will wear the door key on a lanyard around my neck under my wetsuit while I dive. I have a spare and will offer that to my dive buddy to wear also.

The first one says it's for surface use only under the Q&As.

The link for the second one says it is $400.
I've had the Scubapro Egg below 100' without problems. I wish it had 2 o-rings but it seems to do fine.

I ended up getting a couple of dumb keys made which just open the door of the car. I am able to lock the FOB in the car no problem and it stays locked. I guess using the manual door lock disables the auto FOB detection keyless entry feature. I will wear the door key on a lanyard around my neck under my wetsuit while I dive. I have a spare and will offer that to my dive buddy to wear also.
You're saying you use your dumb key to unlock the car and it doesn't set off the alarm, I assume? I also assume the alarm is on while you're diving?

buy a realtor/contractor combo lockbox and attach it to your vehicle. Lock key in it and go.

You're saying you use your dumb key to unlock the car and it doesn't set off the alarm, I assume? I also assume the alarm is on while you're diving?

When I lock the car with the dumb key (FOB inside) the car doesn't "beep" like it does when locked with the FOB.

When I unlock the car, no beeping, no alarms. Haven't noticed anything weird about the alarm while driving the car. Seems to just work.

2016 RAV4

When I lock the car with the dumb key (FOB inside) the car doesn't "beep" like it does when locked with the FOB.

When I unlock the car, no beeping, no alarms. Haven't noticed anything weird about the alarm while driving the car. Seems to just work.

2016 RAV4
So you are diving with no alarm on?

A $5 drybox attached to your flag mast will work fine. Just don’t do it on a crap float that can be pulled underwater. I used to keep a spare key in a magnetic box under the car (this was back when a spare key cost $3)
Wouldn't work for me here--no flag--no boats! I also kept the old $3 (well, $1.50 then) metal key in a magnetic box, or more likely just wired under the car and left there while driving. In CT I do have a flag of course, and still put the fob key in the metal box under the car (but remove it to drive of course). In NS, just under a rock and in a ziplock bag.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom