Oahu Dive recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divingscorpio13

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Going to be in Honolulu for a conference in November and looking for dive shop recommendations. We are both experienced and prefer small personalized experiences in dive shops. Is it worth staying on Oahu to dive or would Kaui be a better option?

Thank you!

Will be there a week and will do a few days of diving. Husband is at a conference for part of it so I’ll be diving solo a couple of days most likely.

I went with Living Ocean Scuba and had a great experience with them. They dive in small groups with highly experienced guides, and they offer discounts if you do more than one trip with them. There are many dive sites, including some fun wrecks and a turtle cleaning station.

Besides the boat dives, they also offer shore dives at Hanauma Bay, which I personally really enjoyed. There were lovely corals there, and lots of underwater life. It's a pretty shallow site so we got a lot of bottom time over there.

Oahu has tons to offer. Unfortunately, it's out of season for the great North Shore diving, but on the south side, there are a few great wrecks and some nice reefs. If you're looking for boat diving with a small personalized experience, no one comes more recommended than scottitheduck. I haven't personally done a dive Gabe, but I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that I've had a dozen people recommend him to me. www.waikikiscuba.com

Another great dive duo on Oahu is Devin and Adam at Banzai Diving. My family and I have dove with them a few times and have had great experiences each time. www.banzaidivershawaii.net

If you are looking for dive buddies (couple) while you guys are here, my wife and I would be happy to show you the ropes on a weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom