Who, precisely, are we not permitted to criticize on this board?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If we need you to know something, we can always use PM or email.

It is one of those things - I go through ups and downs and conversations hit me differently at times. So I like to toggle people on and off...

Even those I do not agree with can sometimes show me a different thought or correct me - but when folks go off the rails - my interpretation - I like to ignore them for a bit...

But that is just me - and this was not aimed at you... I had someone else in mind... lol

** added **
BTW - I can ignore you because you took the Staff Member banner off your profile... But why would I ignore you? You have given me good advice when I asked....

- I cannot "Ignore" a Staff Member - so it does appear as though they do in fact get special privilege.

We absolutely do have special permissions not available to members.
And collectively we spend thousands of hours volunteering our time to keep the b board running - what do YOU do?

It's actually not within our control to change, the SW nfr. hard coded it into any oversight positions.

It is one of those things - I go through ups and downs and conversations hit me differently at times. So I like to toggle people on and off...

Even those I do not agree with can sometimes show me a different thought or correct me - but when folks go off the rails - my interpretation - I like to ignore them for a bit...

But that is just me - and this was not aimed at you... I had someone else in mind... lol

** added **
BTW - I can ignore you because you took the Staff Member banner off your profile... But why would I ignore you? You have given me good advice when I asked....
I didn’t mean me personally, I meant all staff.

what do YOU do?

I read and assimilate - I find this site interesting and I have learned a lot from participating / reading. Trust but verify is my motto.

But I do not appreciate everyone's opinion equally - I would like that option of just putting someone on hibernation for a bit. If it is too much to ask - I get it but you and Wookie have taken off the Staff Member badge - I have chose not to ignore either of you...

And btw I have been moderated in the past - for good reason. So I have patience to learn and let live - Be Nice. Moderators can also have good and bad days as well - I would like the ability to put them in time out for a bit...

OMG! I had no idea that this existed. I typed in sunsite, what a blast from the past!
Endless thanks, my friend.
Wayback Machine - it is very usefull thing!
e.g. two links http://www.worldwidedivingadventures.com/events/labor-day-weekend/ and Labor Day Weekend; Northern Channel Islands - Worldwide Diving Adventures
you can ask this site to remember current content of the page. Wayback Machine - many snapshots was made here at sep.2 and sep.3

also very usefull, when you need to find something like a manual of old computers or regulators - sometimes it possible to find it, like Orca Edge for example...

Please show me where the staff attacked the OP.
Your post began with “pdwake said” and ended with a request. Presumably, then, you’re suggesting I said the thing in the post you’re questioning, that you want me to reply to. Here is why I’m not going to accede to your demand. Quotation marks mean that one is quoting what someone else is saying. It might be to approve of it, or to disapprove of it, or (as in this case) to respond to a request for a thread summary by providing a variety of quotes that summarize the thread. If you want to address what the quoted person said, you can engage with them directly (although I do note that the answer to your question has already been spelled out, repeatedly). That would make more sense. If this was the first time in this thread that you’ve misstated or misconstrued what I have said, I’d just let it go. But perhaps I’ll just suggest that some proofreading of content before hitting Reply might be good.

We absolutely do have special permissions not available to members.
And collectively we spend thousands of hours volunteering our time to keep the b board running - what do YOU do?

It's actually not within our control to change, the SW nfr. hard coded it into any oversight positions.
Would be an interesting feature request to have any member be able to ignore other members, staff, moderators etc unless the MOD tags were used within the post.

I imagine that would create a lot of backend requirements but as I'm not a software guy I think it's a great idea :D

So say I have that Wookie on ignore because I don't like his advice, but he pops into a thread to moderate it and posts a general warning, I would be "forced" to see his post. Perhaps a secondary feature would be that if a staff member was on ignore and they sent a pm to a user it would bounce back to a separate mailbox that only sysadmin or designated has access to and could take action as necessary... Forwarding pm, or taking over the "case"...

Some diversity of opinion in what we read is a good thing. Seems like having to at least see posts from a few that volunteer to run the site is not a terrible cost.

What if I decide I don't like any of you? Can we filter so I only see posts that do not bug me. Or I only want to hear from mods that I agree with, not those other ones. Anyone that mods or disagrees with me, I will add to my ignore list. I really do not like mod X, so they should refer any mod issues they have with me to mod Y to handle it, as mod Y and I are similar spirits.

It does not sound as if the site software (a package) supports ignoring mods some times but not others.

Back
Top Bottom