Real Time Blue Manta Review: Banda Sea 9 – 19 Sept 2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, it’s a murky cold water. Nothing like Cocos, the capital scalloped hammerheads of the world.

My buddy skipped the last dive yesterday because of getting cold. I hope I can keep up with another day of cold diving on 5mm. I wish I brought my 7mm. Begin to dislike this trip.

Whats the temp?

MORE HAMERHEADS!

We saw a school at 25m, about 25 individuals that we could make out. While we were hooked-in, a large snake decided to hunt right next to my buddy! He was a bit distracted to say the least.

We figured the show was over, but on the way up, at about 11 - 12m, a smaller school -- maybe 10 -12 individuals that we could make out - swam by us and checked *us* out! Several came within a few meters, affording a VERY clear view of several of them. They were clearly curious about us, and two or three of them pausing for several seconds swiveling their heads around, looking me right in the eye, as tif thinking "What is *that* thing?"!

Awesome dive -- which, BTW started out with me losing my mask on the roll (the DM dived for it and got is -- he said because he saw the blue strap!) and Emily's waistband came undone - which he also fixed. Looks like I need to do some fund-raising for tips!

25 deg C

- Bill & Emily

@Dan, after you are suited up but before a dive pour some warm water into your suit at the neck both front and back. Do it every time that you suit up.

It's not a cure but it should still help quite a bit.

Remember not to let yourself get cool between dives either.

@Dan, after you are suited up but before a dive pour some warm water into your suit at the neck both front and back. Do it every time that you suit up.

It's not a cure but it should still help quite a bit.

Remember not to let yourself get cool between dives either.

Thanks for the tips! Will do it tomorrow. :)

Every group that went out today saw hammerheads. Our group was 4 out of 4.

Amazing!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom