Bahia de los Angeles Oil or Fuel Spill?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AZTinman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
If the link works, it should get you to a post that recently showed-up in a Facebook group I belong to. I don't speak Spanish, but the video appears to show an oil or fuel spill in the Bahia de los Angeles area. Maybe someone with Spanish skills can translate what the guys in the panga are saying about the spill. I really hate to see stuff like this.

-AZTinman

Bump

It looks like this 'spill' was indeed from the Nautilus Gallant Lady in Bahia de los Angeles, Baja California Norte. Here's an update concerning this incident from a Facebook post:

The dive boat Nautilus Gallant Lady was caught on video with what appeared to be pumping their bilges in the middle of a whale shark sanctuary at Bahia de Los Angeles.

The owner of the boat - Nautilus Liveaboards - has now made a statement saying that it was "only charcoal from a collapsed air filter and they were later able to contain it with a debris boom and the area was cleaned up."

-AZTinman

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom