Who, precisely, are we not permitted to criticize on this board?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Before we take it back to th original post, can someone please post the cliff notes version, I got to page 3 and questioned why I was even wasting my time reading all that.

You can take the thread back to its original premise, if you'd like to do so.

In fact, please do.

Or you do your jobs, clean out the nonsense from the thread and that will keep it on its original premise without the nonsense coming form the SB staff. Better yet, learn to live up to your policies and apply them to all other threads. What I find disturbing here is the staff's attack on the OP and the amount of ridicule and chest pounding taking place here.

I am in no way making a statement about the validity of the OP's claims in any way, I am merely and specifically making comments and complaints about how the staff are conducting themselves here regardless of the validity of the OP's claims. I am extremely disappointed and surprised to say the least.

I have made it but you don't get it. At any rate, enough of this nonsense. If you don't get it, too bad. You want to find something to argue about, good luck to you.

That's just it; they don't. I think the 'circus' stage in these threads (this is the latest in a series of similar such over time) help let everyone sort of 'let go' and end on a somewhat positive note, even if not everyone can agree. It's not to make a true mockery of things, but humor can help people let go of conflict and ill will.

Over time I've noticed a difference in temperament that fuels some conflict in threads. Some people seem to be rather, well, 'earnest,' serious, formal, pick-your-synonym in their discussion style and expect the same. Some people are rather 'snarky,' sarcastic or otherwise put a little more 'punch' in their statements.

It's like people who prefer bland vs. spicy food. If someone is of the former persuasion and gets a serving of the latter's style, they express upset. Which may mystify others, who try to decompress the situation with more humor. It evolves into a power struggle.

There is no chance I'm going to persuade someone who prefers a more formal style of communication to appreciate the other type, but I sometimes see these people infer malice where it doesn't appear to be.

Like others, I think the forum has become a friendly, less abrasive place over the years. You can disagree with someone and even not like their style, but giving them the benefit of the doubt that they're not trying to 'get' you goes a long way. Biting back retorts and remaining politely civil when you encounter conflict so as to give people a chance to rethink their ill opinion of you (if one exists) can reap dividends. Just a thought.

Richard.

in reply to FF/EMT

LOL

Member wants to know who on the mod staff he can criticize. Is told anyone of us.

Other members come in to support OP. Also some members come in to support the moderators.

Someone made a joke, thread devolved.

Pauldw wants to start over again. I encourage him to do so, as this is the right thread in which to do that.

Waiting on pins and needles for the cliff notes version.
Sheesh...

Sorry I’m slow
Oh. And I’m the guy they are complaining about. And I’m not even a mod.

Summary; a few offended SB members repeatedly insult the entire SB moderating team, some of whom laugh it off with really lame cat jokes. When the thread gets off the topic of insulting the mods the offended members get even more offended.
Makes you wonder if some people don't take themselves too seriously on this free entertainment site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom