Mike Ball Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

btscott

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Anyone thats been on Mike Ball know what size SD card their computer takes? Need to transfer images from camera to tablet. Tablet has micro sd, but have an adapter for SDXC/SDHC to micro if it will fit. Prefer not to have to travel with my laptop.

They had a really decent setup as I remember, including a standard SD slot and enough juice to move sizable files to sticks. When I was on it, a RAN officer gave me a stick with her pdf report and background data on bleaching through the 1st quarter of 2017.

Keep in mind that Gary Farr is the paid crew videographer and will be shooting (and editing) a lot of video during your trip. He’s got a full editing suite on the machine and a top notch camera rig.

Thanks for the info. Not sure which card you mean by standard SD card. Asking so I bring the correct adapter. Standard as in old school larger SD card from early days of DSLR's or middle of the road SDXC/SDHC that fits in most DSLR's and compact cameras today?

Thanks again.

SDHC

I do recommend seasick remedies - I’d never had problems in the past, but we did the Cairns to Lizard Island leg and were moving hellbent for leather every night after dinner and swells were really big that time of year.I threw up to the point of dry heaves every single morning; my gut didn’t settle until I went under for the 1st dive of the day.

What SD does your camera have?

Have a Canon 80D which uses SDXC or SDHC. Tablet is Micro SD and want to transfer photos from camera to boat computer and then to tablet. Sadly Canon Connect only transfers compressed JPG, not largest JPG or RAW.

SDHC

I do recommend seasick remedies - I’d never had problems in the past, but we did the Cairns to Lizard Island leg and were moving hellbent for leather every night after dinner and swells were really big that time of year.I threw up to the point of dry heaves every single morning; my gut didn’t settle until I went under for the 1st dive of the day.

Thanks and thanks for feedback on boat. I've been on SOF and didn't have any trouble and I think SOF is a much less stable boat.

And no mini USB on your tablet?

Yes, USB-C. Didn't think about USB-C to SD card adapter. Might work. But, sounds like SD card adapter on computer will work.

Update.... have a USB-C to USB adapter. Just bought a USB to SD card reader. See if that works. Otherwise boat computer will be backup plan.

Thanks for the thought...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom