P-Valve Quick Disconnect - one-way flow or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leto

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hope one the p-valve experts can help me out on this.

I got a P-Valve Quick Disconnect (see pics) that is supposed to be one way to prevent the leaking of fluid from the hose upon disconnection. However I can't see how the female part should be able to do this as there is no valve in it (I can see right through it..)

Did i get the wrong part?

Thanks!

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    27.9 KB · Views: 73
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    26 KB · Views: 85
The check valve is usually built into the part that passes through the suit. But it can also be an inline check valve, that is how my balanced light monkey (not the tinkle) was.

You can get a version that is valved, but it is not a one-way valve. Just closed when disconnected and open when connected. I have a link on the work computer to a retailer. Being you are in the Netherlands my source probably isn't the same as you would use. I use these APC - General Purpose and make sure to pick the "shrouded" body. The shroud is the lip around the disconnect button. Minimizes the chances of an accidental disconnect.

Thanks for the info, the female part as seen on the previous images doesnt have the valve. The image included in this post has. Case closed :)

Attachments

• valved2.jpg
    valved2.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 53
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom