Who, precisely, are we not permitted to criticize on this board?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whatever had happened here I missed it and have no regrets. Probably, the usual sound and fury thing.
HOWEVER,
I am under impression that "Scuba board supporter" label under the username gives some users false ideas of their superiority. Like, "I am right because I am a SB supporter, and you are wrong because you are not."

Therefore, I suggest, the labels "SB supporter" should be removed. If this is charity, charity should be anonimous. Report it to IRS if you want, but I do not care to see this.
Dixi

Well this is the dardnest thing. I got censored for poking fun at the Louisville Slugger's initial posts about the Conception, and here I am liking this post! Meanwhile, my lumber is just sitting there.

Hey, we live and learn in this sport - I’m willing to admit when I’m being reckless (unlike my significant other, a vampire who breathes no air and will always haul me down to the depths for yet another sight while ignoring my frantic signals about air). I just hope others have that same awareness....

Great. @Wookie is another problematic moderator. Can’t separate his opinion from responsibilities as a moderator. Is frequently demeaning and sets a tone of incivility.
I’m not a moderator.

Yawn.

It's really never the members who contribute intelligently that get all twisted off about the mods.
So you're calling other people stupid. How sweet of you. And, of course, your post is still up.

It's telling that your post showed no indication at all that you understood the critiques, and I'd have to assume that has something to do with why you were utterly unable to muster a reasoned response to any of them.

Whatever had happened here I missed it and have no regrets. Probably, the usual sound and fury thing.
HOWEVER,
I am under impression that "Scuba board supporter" label under the username gives some users false ideas of their superiority. Like, "I am right because I am a SB supporter, and you are wrong because you are not."

Therefore, I suggest, the labels "SB supporter" should be removed. If this is charity, charity should be anonimous. Report it to IRS if you want, but I do not care to see this.
Dixi
Actually Supporters have the option to display/suppress the badge.

So you're calling other people stupid. How sweet of you. And, of course, your post is still up.

It's telling that your post showed no indication at all that you understood the critiques, and I'd have to assume that has something to do with why you were utterly unable to muster a reasoned response to any of them.

Just saying that the lanes here on SB are wide and it isn't hard to stay between the lines. @tursiops and @Wookie and others have years of contributions that are widely appreciated and manage do it without some big chip on their shoulder or big grievances all the time.

The people that complain the most, on the other hand, usually have limited history and a high percentage of their posts are whining about getting no respect or muck raking rather than moving the ball forward with useful contributions.

I named no names. I'll just leave it to those who feel they meet the latter description self identify, as they seem intent on doing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom