Music listening underwater.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Valyngar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is there any product that would make listening music underwater possible? For boring deco times.

Could you use a full face setup with communication system and the boat playing some music through there mic or is the range not good enough. Also like very very expensive if possible.

Waterproof Ipod sold out. :-(

Odd question... never seen anybody doing that. Interesting though

I experimented with a set of waterproof earbuds made for lap swimmers.
BIG MISTAKE!
They blocked equalization and I experienced off-the-charts pain when I descended to about ten feet.

Most of you probably already knew that would happen.

K.

I experimented with a set of waterproof earbuds made for lap swimmers.
BIG MISTAKE!
They blocked equalization and I experienced off-the-charts pain when I descended to about ten feet.

Most of you probably already knew that would happen.

K.

What if you insert them at a deco stop and remove them in transit between stops?

If one's buoyancy control is dialed in, then in theory, there should not be enough change in depth that one would need to constantly be preoccupied with ear equalization during a stop.

Or, would water in the ear, before putting the earbuds in, negatively impact sound transmission?

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom