Help needed with exporting from Shearwater Cloud

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jake

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
(While I'm also submitting a support request to Shearwater, I'm pressed for time so am looking for help from you great folks as well.)

For the first time in ages I have to show someone my dive log, which of course is all digital these days and stored in the Shearwater ecosystem. Showing them my computer isn't sufficient. I need to provide log copies or a spreadsheet with relevant data in it.

In Shearwater Cloud is a menu to export log data to various formats, but on mine most of them are grayed out and not accessible. The one exception is "Export whole database (SQLite)," which isn't of use to me.

I've synced the data as well as updated the application to its most recent version. Nothing works to activate the other export methods.

Any ideas on how to get the CSV export to work?

Thanks in advance.

Scratch that request. I figured it out. For anyone else searching for this in the future you need to select a range of dives, which then activates the other export features.

That exports every sample taken during the dive though, so it's not super helpful for what I need now. Oh well. Looks like it's a data entry party tonight.

Perhaps you could export the dives, import that data into [suggestion - Subsurface], print as a log... submit?

Hello Jake,

As you already discovered, you can export multiple dive logs by selecting them by clicking on them in the dive list, holding shift, and clicking another dive log to select a range. You can then Print them to PDF under the File menu.

I hope that helps for you and anyone else wondering!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom