Alor October - How many mm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I plan on heading to Alor in the near future... As a proud warm water wimp I will bring a 3mm, a full Sharkskin, 2.5 mm shorty, 3 mm hooded vest, a 1.5 mm hood. If I find a 5mm I like between now and then will bring that instead of the 3mm.

I like my Sharkskin, but am not a total believer yet.

Any chance we will cross paths Oct 1 - 10?

- Bill

Any chance we will cross paths Oct 1 - 10?

- Bill
I would love that but no. As a high school teacher I am at the mercy of preprogrammed holiday dates. Granted there are many which I love, but no flexibility. Have an amazing time. I'm excited to hear how it goes.

I would love that but no. As a high school teacher I am at the mercy of preprogrammed holiday dates. Granted there are many which I love, but no flexibility. Have an amazing time. I'm excited to hear how it goes.

Oh I forgot you're a teacher. What do you teach? I taught HS & AP Physics for 13 years.

- Bill

Thank you for all the answer. As I don't have a 5mm or layers I'll take the 3mm and the 7mm just to be on the safe side.

Good plan. Im 99.9% sure you wont be sorry.

we had 22-23C in the south last week and 26 - 27 in the north. I wore my 5mm in the north and my 5mm plus a 5mm hooded jacket and gloves in the south.. too much bloody weight needed in that outfit!

That's why "sharkskin"!!

Following....I'm on the Ambon-Banda Sea-Alor-Maumere 12 day sailing in October. I normally wear a 5mm in 28C-30C water and am comfortable and have never been hot; granted, the wetsuit is more like a 3-4mm now after so many dives but even when new, it was not an issue. I will consider bringing an extra vest (1.5mm) or the hooded vest (2mm)
but I do hate wearing hoods....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom