Santa Cruz Dive Boat Fire Incident Condolences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My thoughts and condolences to everyone affected by this incident.
Been following this thread. It really hits home.
I have had several folks that know how passionate I am about diving contact me about this incident, I'm half a continent away and know no one involved.
But, lots of thoughts and prayers from places you would not expect.

Condolences to the families who lost their loved ones. I also would like to say I have the utmost sympathy for the crew who will have to live with this tragedy.

What an unspeakable tragedy. My heart goes out to the families of those lost.

I have been on that boat many times(my wife and I). Been on many trips with Kristy many times...was planning to be on that boat, but decide not to due to my knee surgery. My wfie and I hare horrified...No words!...Just tears....

This has been on my mind constantly since I heard of it. I can't begin to imagine the horror of this tragedy. Both my wife and I pray for those left behind, that they find the strength to deal with this. God Bless.

I've just learned that my friend, Xiang Lin, lost her life on board. I met Xiang at a mobile gaming event in Beijing many years ago. We quickly worked out that we both loved diving. The only thing we every disagreed about was that she liked to only dive an area once, whilst I believe that every dive on the same site is different. She dived all over the world and made friends wherever she went. Recently she contacted me to say she wanted to progress on to cave diving in Mexico. She was a happy, fun person, with a thirst for adventure. She will be missed.

this is horrible, especially to those families members. My condolences.

I met Marybeth Guiney at God's Pocket last year. Everyone there liked her, and from what I've read, everyone everywhere liked her. She talked Merry and me into signing up for a Galapagos trip, which we will be taking in January. I haven't been able to stop thing about her all week. I'm dreading the release of the other fourteen names.
Mass. native among victims in Calif. boat fire

Santa Barbara held a vigil this evening in a park by the harbor. Coast Guard, Sheriff's Dept. divers, family members, many from the local dive community, and many others attended. SCUBA tanks with candles in front of them stood on the stage--one for each of the people who were lost. My heart goes out to all family and friends.

Back
Top Bottom