How about them groupers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm diving Jupiter tomorrow (9/6) on our boat so we can play 'Marco-Polo' and find some viz. Reports today said the Hole in the Wall (deeper stuff) had 10ft viz south current and the main ledge had 5ft viz. But tomorrow the current will switch around to the north and that will bring in the clean up water. Sunday and Monday starts east winds and that will push in more clean water. Jupiter's currents and viz change every day,,,that's why we keep in touch with all the captains to get the scoop so call your dive boat mid-week. The BEST NEWS is they never opened the Flood gates the whole time to dump dirty water. My guess is Weds Sept 11th you'll see reports of 50ft viz on the wreck trek where the GG's hang out.
I'm going diving tomorrow instead of sitting at home with cabin fever. Everyone knows it's more spooky fun in the dark !!
Please let us know how you do over the next days. I wish you good diving

Please let us know how you do over the next days. I wish you good diving

@dianna912 and @scubadada

I dove Jupiter/Juno today(9/7). Flat seas just a couple of dive boats out checking for viz. I found 10ft of tough viz in a 110' of Juno/Jupiter water. Trickle North current, But 79゚and warm. Now here is the good news. It was totally clear from the surface down to 40' then it got hazy. But all the haze was from sand particles not muddy inlet water. I've been diving Jupiter over 20 years and know these waters. The sand is heavier than that water and is falling to the bottom, that's why the top 40ft was so clear, I could look up and see our boat. Also if you check windfinder forecast, the wind changes out of the east for the next 5 days and that pushes Blue water inland.The viz each day will double, so by Tuesday/Wednesday, you'll start hearing reports of 'back to normal' 60-70ft viz. We didn't dive the wrecks or the Hole, but I talked to some fishing guys on the radio that were on that public spot and their baits were being stripped by the Goliaths pulling on the lines like a freight train, so the GG's didn't move an inch. You both will have no problem on your dives and Lk Okee flood gates never opened to trash our viz. Since I'm a commercial spearo, we don't post pictures of our catch, but here is a one of each that I caught today.

20190907_104537.jpg

Hi @Johnoly

Thanks for the report, looking forward to diving Jupiter next Friday and then BB the rest of my week

Aw, man, we are going to miss you by one day! We are booked for a two tank afternoon the 14th with JDC and their 3 tank on the 15th.

If anyone is interested and around on Thursday, Starfish Scuba is scheduled for dives on Castor and a reef. I think we have enough divers for the boat to go out, but there's still 7 spots left. Crossing fingers for viz tho...

And my group is going out with JDC over the weekend too! See you there :callme:

i hope you folks have a good dive ..might be a little sporty out there this weekend....dive safe.

Hi @msbovary

Did Starfish get out today? If yes, I'm very jealous. I did not get down today until about noon.

Jupiter Dive Center is not going out tomorrow, marine forecast has significantly deteriorated to 5-7, occ 9.

I still have Sat-Wed, hoping for the best :)

... marine forecast has significantly deteriorated to 5-7, occ 9....
Yea, Jupiter recorded a 50 Mile per Hour wind gust this afternoon. Even the green boat that always goes out said eff-it.
It's funny cause yesterday some divers had 50ft of viz and quick cleaning currents.

Yea, Jupiter recorded a 50 Mile per Hour wind gust this afternoon. Even the green boat that always goes out said eff-it.
It's funny cause yesterday some divers had 50ft of viz and quick cleaning currents.
Somehow I knew you were going to tell me about improving conditions underwater

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom