Sidemount 2 doubles sets (4 cylinders total)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Any members have experience with the following configuration: a sidemounted double set left and sidemounted double set right?

I've tried the configuration in a local pool and had no issues.

A standard stage kit was used - placed on the top cylinder at the neck and in the thread hole of the manifold spacing(stainless steel plate between the band loops).

I was able to attach both bolt snaps: top bolt snap attaches to chest d-ring and the bottom bolt snap attaches to hip d-ring.

A total of four cylinders, were donned while at the surface of the water.

Weights could be added/strapped to the cylinders, in addition to accessories and tools. The band shape allows for the diver to have consistent trim and holds/placements.

*if your harness does not have hip d-rings, you may have difficulty.

Thanks!

Are these manifolded doubles? Steel or AL?

1. Are you serious?

2. If so, I whyyyyyyyy?

3. i want to see pictures.

4. Finally I am being serious: What kind of dives do you need it for? Judging by the amount of gas it’s slmething deep. How do you distribute the mixes among the tanks so it makes at least some sense?

Sounds like a fun day goofing off in the pool, but otherwise what he said :)

1. Are you serious?

2. If so, I whyyyyyyyy?

3. i want to see pictures.

4. Finally I am being serious: What kind of dives do you need it for? Judging by the amount of gas it’s slmething deep. How do you distribute the mixes among the tanks so it makes at least some sense?
+1

Why? That sounds pretty awful to me. Eliminates all the flexibility of sidemounting and sounds like a streamlining nightmare. Plus it limits you (practically speaking) to two mixes in quantities that don't really line up with typical needs.

Awesome setup for 12 hours at 20'. :)

In all seriousness, I'm curious too. Wouldn't a BM twinset and two stages be simpler and more flexible. i.e. what I was wearing all weekend. #ifitaintbroke

I haven't tried that,but I did try sidemounting 85's while backmounting a single 104. Worked about as well as it sounds.

I currently sidemount 2x 80s And 2x 40 for deco gases and I don’t see the need to sidemount more or bigger cylinders.
Anything longer or deeper BM just makes more sense.

Although I’m gonna try SM 4x80s sometime in the near future it’s more just for shits and giggles I can’t see it being more practical than a big twinset

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom