Another Shout out to Sealife Customer Service!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ibj40

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I've been using a DC1400 with a single Sea Dragon strobe for several years. Have had some questions regarding the DC1400 and Sealife has always been prompt in their responses, and clearly explained what might be going on with the camera, and how to address it (usually a simple correction on my part).

A couple of years ago, I flooded the battery compartment of the strobe due to not tightening the rear cover sufficiently. Sent it back to Sealife, they reconditioned it, at my expense, as expected.

Something similar happened to the strobe on my last dive trip, however this time I was certain that the rear cover was tight. When the strobe quit working in mid-dive, I knew there was an issue.

When we got back to our condo, I opened the rear cover, and there was clearly pressure due to the batteries being flooded, but additionally, as I was doing that, the front of the strobe separated with a "pop".

I corresponded with Sealife, they sent me an RMA #, and I shipped it off.

Got a brand new one back yesterday, free of charge, no questions asked.

Thanks, Sealife, for your product support and positive approach to customer service!

I had a major problem with the DC2000 Sealife camera that my wife gave me for Christmas in December 2018. We lived in Maryland at the time, and were moving a few months later, so I did not take it diving immediately. We moved to Florida in summer of 2019 and I set up a boat dive off West Palm beach shortly thereafter. My brand-new camera could not seem to focus on my underwater subjects; all I got was two blurry images, and then no more pictures would snap when I pressed the shutter button. It was very frustrating; my wife has owned a DC1400 for six years, and had zero problems with it.

Thinking it was a firmware problem, I downloaded the latest updates from the Sealife website and installed them on the camera. It didn't work; I still could not take a photo--with or without the housing and external strobe. Video worked okay, though. Eventually I ran out of ideas and got an RMA# from Sealife; they were very responsive and clearly had a well-established process to address inoperative products.

Within a week I received a box in the mail containing a brand-new replacement camera and housing. The service tech noted that the problem was a "low shutter button" on the camera itself; the housing also had button issues. Both were replaced for free, and they installed my old micro SD card into the new camera.

It is rare to get this type of customer service; Sealife really does stand behind its products. For those thinking about purchasing a different camera for scuba diving, I would recommend reading reviews of other companies' customer service responses. I am convinced that Sealife is the best in the business. We are customers for life!

Casey
Tampa, FL

Good to hear experiences.
I wonder when sealife will have a new dc series?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom