Long-term neurological effects of diving - revisited

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For over 50 years when talking about older divers, we have been saying "too deep, too often, too long".
There has to be some truth in that saying!

Michael

Easy, I'm 62 years old and have been doing deco dives since 1988, with mixed gasses since 1994.
I've got to have white spots showing up on a spiral (high defination) CT of my brain.

Michael
What was I just talking about?:acclaim:

Easy, I'm 62 years old and have been doing deco dives since 1988, with mixed gasses since 1994.
I've got to have white spots showing up on a spiral (high defination) CT of my brain.

Michael
What was I just talking about?:acclaim:
About how you really want to do a few deep-air dives :p

About how you really want to do a few deep-air dives :p
Been there, done that.
My first 100M dive was on air, it was a great dive, one of the best I ever had, but I wish that I could remember anything about the deeper part of it.
This was before Bret Gilliam started talking about the Wah-Wahs.

Michael

Been there, done that.
My first 100M dive was on air, it was a great dive, one of the best I ever had, but I wish that I could remember anything about the deeper part of it.
This was before Bret Gilliam started talking about the Wah-Wahs.

Michael
Just when I thought a sarcastic comment would draw out the trolls, I fall on somebody who went through with it already... :)

MJ...

There's lots of things in life that negatively impact our mental health...you only have to turn on the morning news to reap the carnage...

Deteriorating mental health caused by scuba diving is the least of our worries...

I think some of our world leaders have mental health issues...and I don't know any of them that dive...I think a little NITROX would do them all a world of good...

W...
That is a great answer.

Academic honesty? Not what they taught me in grad school. Maybe the scientific method and intelectual honesty has been modified in the many years since. But I was taught that any hint paradox indicates your hypotheses (note - not theory) is incorrect and you are certainly missing something. There is far more than a hint of paradox here.

To flagrantly state that this may be a prolonged risk of diving when there is absolutely no evidence other than your own bias, no indication that number of dives or years diving have any effect is just bushwah. So definitely, yes - junk science. Or "alternate facts" as seems to be the current trend.

I have no personal stake in this, but Peter Germonpre does not do junk science. I suspect it may be a matter of semantics.

Best regards,
DDM

I have no personal stake in this, but Peter Germonpre does not do junk science. I suspect it may be a matter of semantics.

Best regards,
DDM
It is all too common today to refer to junk science as anything you do not agree with. I don't know if that is the case here or not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom