Info Diving and Seamanship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks @Akimbo for mentioning this thread in one of your other posts. It's VERY informative.

Also an important lesson I learned from the original Bill Crawford onboard the Good Time Charlie many years ago....."When you're going out to sea, even men sit down to pee".

When you're going out to sea, even men sit down to pee
Spit to leewards.
Piss to leewards.
Puke to leewards.

And when one of the ladies sits down on the gunwale to pee, a gentleman looks away.

"When you're going out to sea, even men sit down to pee".

Now always. Fishermen and deck crews in frigid climates have to wear layers of foul weather gear. It is common practice to pee in a jug rather than strip all that stuff off in order to drop your pants, even on boats large enough to have urinals in the heads.

upload_2019-9-7_9-21-32.png
This is type of suit is typical and is not that different than a diver's drysuit.

Fishermen and deck crews in frigid climates have to wear layers of foul weather gear.
I assume you've tried doing most imaginable actions while wearing that foul weather gear. Just taking a p*** is challenging enough, notwithstanding the practical medical/anatomical consequences of low temps.

It sucks. Even for someone equipped with outside plumbing; I really don't envy the ladies.

For the record, you cannot call yourself a sailor or a sea man unless you can tie a monkey's paw. I'm just saying.
DivemasterDennis
That's ridiculous, when I saw his knots list I thought the same thing, where's the monkey's paw? LOL

You should add to the knot's list the in-line-figure-8.

I can't imagine a more important knot than being able to turn a working line into an anchor-point:

Figure 8 Directional Loop

Whilst under way with a rough sea-state and in cold weather, micturating over the rail is impossible with the layers and foulies I wear.

Back
Top Bottom