Help the new guy pick a BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cbbr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
The amount of info here is a little overwhelming.

So here goes - I am 200lbs, 6ft. I currently dive a Mares Prestige/aluminum tank (single) and about 8lbs of lead. I have 100+ dives, boat and shore so not a ton of experiance, but a little.

I will exclusively be diving warm water with it, no wetsuit and want a BP/W for travel (airline). Nothing technical and single tank.

Lighter and easy to pack is better. New/used/open box... Doesn't matter. Suggestions?

+1 for VDH wings, great stuff. They sell plates and harnesses that are great as well. Other alternatives are the DGX wing or the DRIS mirage, can’t go wrong with any of the 3.

I've got a VDH 18 good parts good manufacturing, roll control, tough wing

flexible diving backplate

me never understand rectangular steel plate pressing in back and pushing in pack

There is this version of the OMS bc but it doesn't appear to be available in the US (but not sure):

https://www.bts-store.de/oms/bc-systeme/systeme/2095/iq-lite-cummerbund-cb-signature-system?c=1172

I “discovered” this on the Dive Rite website and just had to have it.:popcorn: Stainless steel, but similar in weight to a typical aluminum plate.

I've got a VDH 18 good parts good manufacturing, roll control, tough wing

flexible diving backplate

me never understand rectangular steel plate pressing in back and pushing in pack

I started with the HOG TBCS (soft plate). It’s a nice setup.

You don’t notice the metal plate if you have everything adjusted properly. That is to say that it doesn’t bug me. Then again...I’ll likely never dive without at least a 3mm wetsuit, so there’s some padding between me and the plate.

Attachments

• F8F934BD-DA7E-4B7B-A1FD-25D6D7EE1233.jpeg
    F8F934BD-DA7E-4B7B-A1FD-25D6D7EE1233.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 45

Back
Top Bottom