Hi from Long Island NY!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ElDon114

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey all,

I was super excited to find this forum as I looked for some suggestions on a computer to buy (would still love some suggestions). I'm a 22 year old AOW diver working toward my Rescue Diver cert which will hopefully be done by the new year. Still mulling over the idea of ditching NY for Florida and working in the scuba industry down there, but who the hell knows.

Looking forward to shooting the sh*t with all of you!

Welcome to SB from a native of Yonkers. Do you know of any good shore dives on LI where you can (legally) park?

Howdy from Texas & Welcome to ScubaBoard!

Welcome to SB from a native of Yonkers. Do you know of any good shore dives on LI where you can (legally) park?

Funnily enough I haven’t dove from the shore down here. I did my OW cert dives at Hobart Beach in Eaton’s Neck, but there was nothing to look at lol. People love diving at the Old Ponquogue Bridge but I don’t know the parking situation around there unfortunately.

Funnily enough I haven’t dove from the shore down here. I did my OW cert dives at Hobart Beach in Eaton’s Neck, but there was nothing to look at lol. People love diving at the Old Ponquogue Bridge but I don’t know the parking situation around there unfortunately.
Yeah. I hear that's very tide sensitive for current.

You can park on the north side of the bridge. You need a South Hampton parking permit for the south side.

Beach 8th Street is a good location that isn’t too far from you. There is also a jetty at Ft Totten that is close.

Beach 8th Street is a good location that isn’t too far from you. There is also a jetty at Ft Totten that is close.
Yeah that's an OK dive. I did that quite a few years ago in my shorty. Water was amazingly only 57F in July. A result of incoming tide perhaps...? I was expecting the usual 70F+ temps. that time of year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom