Dive Boat Conception Missing Divers Relief Fund

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Chris. Good to know. I recall Gofundme kept a portion of my past contributions.
oh crap, you're correct. good point

Thanks Chris. Good to know. I recall Gofundme kept a portion of my past contributions.
I just clarified that on teh go fund me page. Good catch. This is my first gofundme journey

I am far from an expert in on-line funding....But in all the GoFundMe campaigns I've contributed to (including this one), there is a box where you can provide an additional fee to off-set administrative costs. But they make it clear that 100% of the actual donation goes to the intended cause.

Kudos to cerich! He put this GoFundMe in place very early on, before many family had even heard the news.

cerich *thought* of family having to suddenly incur expenses at the last point that any of us ever want to find ourselves having to consider such things.

I can't believe that someone reported him ESPECIALLY if it was a Scubaboard member.

I know the intention is good, but it is important to convey the authenticity of the GoFundMe. I know SB, so I knew to look here. Others wouldn’t. Plenty of GFM scans, as we’ve read about in news articles in the past. As mentioned, the information is out of date, and the amount is actually oddly low ($35k), which also adds to it seeming a bit hinky. I am NOT harshing on this idea. Merely pointing out a couple of things because I WANT it to be a successful GFM.

Thank you @cerich for setting up the GoFundMe and thank you @uncfnp for letting us know about the DAN fund as well. As a DAN instructor I feel I have to give to that fund too.

This week has truly broken my heart, and I cry every time I see a new story. I love Truth Aquatics. They have always done an amazing job with multi-day dive trips to the Northern and Southern Channel Islands. The crew caters to the divers in every way possible. Whether it's the Captain, whether it's the Divemasters helping you aboard and immediately filling your tanks, or the truly amazing crew in the galley making amazing meals and taking special orders.

This is a very sad time for our community and my heart goes out to all who perished and their families that have to try and live on without their loved ones.

OK, now I'm crying again. I'm going to honor the memories of those lost by being the best damn Divemaster to our group of new OW students this weekend doing their Monterey ocean checkout. I want them to know right off the bat how amazing our community is.

I had shared the DAN link on 1-2 diving groups on FB. Mods deleted it. They claim to be heartbroken about the loss of everyone in the fire, some of the victims had apparently been members of these groups, yet refuse to allow the link to the DAN fundraising effort. Unknown why.

I had shared the DAN link on 1-2 diving groups on FB. Mods deleted it. They claim to be heartbroken about the loss of everyone in the fire, some of the victims had apparently been members of these groups, yet refuse to allow the link to the DAN fundraising effort. Unknown why.

...and people wonder why I don't have a Facebook account.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom