Greetings from Puebla MX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone

I'm temporarily stationed in Puebla MX till the end of 2019, before returning to more temperate climates in Central Europe.

I just got certified - yesterday - as an OWD by SNSI. I'm looking into buying some basic kit (anyone can recommend a good store in Pue or CDMX?) and getting into exploring both coasts, cenotes and some inland lakes before I head back.

If anyone can recommend good dive spots or travels to dive and wouldn't mind a newbie company, let me know.

Welcome and Bienvenidos to ScubaBoard! I am not familiar with that area, but someone here will be!

I had to look up SNSI because I had never heard of it. Goes to show my geographical bias!

Welcome to SB. Enjoy diving and your time in Mexico.

@Lorenzoid
stated
I had to look up SNSI because I had never heard of it. Goes to show my geographical bias!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Same here
More information please !
Sam

I also didn't know it existed. I decided to trust them as they are a member of WRSTC.

When I spoke with my instructor about his professional history, it turned out, he used to be SSI. When SSI was bought up, there were some changes occurring within SSI Latin America that discouraged many instructors. After a key person went away to SNSI, some had decided to follow. That's how SNSI became a thing in Latin America, supposedly.

For a city of 2,5 million there's really a small market for diving related stuff in Puebla I'd say.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom