Hello - LI NY diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bluegill'

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi fellow divers,

My name is Patrick and I am just getting back into the sport. I have been OW certified for a few years but took a break from diving.

This year, I decided to get back into the sport and signed up for some SSI specialty courses to eventually get my advanced cert. I have found the forums helpful and just wanted to become a part of the discussions here.

Thanks,
Patrick

Welcome to ScubaBoard Patrick. Thanks for joining ScubaBoard and hope you enjoy the forum.

Patrick, Welcome to ScubaBoard! Good luck getting back into scuba!

Welcome from native of Yonkers. Have you shore dived on L.I.? Any good spots (where you don't need a sticker and can legally park....)? I know of several if you'd like more info.

Welcome! Side note: If you're looking to join a dive club or socialize, there's LIDA as well as the NYC Sea Gypsies which is one of the largest & most active clubs in the US. This latter club is the one I belong to...it has a good number of club dives & at least 4 different land-based events every month (presentations from speakers well known in the dive industry, happy hours, dinners, & other fun social events). If you're interested, check out the NYC Sea Gypsies web site.

Welcome Patrick, I am also from Long Island, Kings Park to be exact.

Hey Tom, I've been to a few different spots this summer. Beach 8th St, the old Ponquogue bridge on the south side, Clark's beach (secret beach), and some others. I've been to Ponquogue bridge multiple weekends and it required a permit through the summer but should be open to anyone after labor day.

Do you know of any good spots?

Welcome from native of Yonkers. Have you shore dived on L.I.? Any good spots (where you don't need a sticker and can legally park....)? I know of several if you'd like more info.

Hi NYCNaiad, thanks for the heads up about the Sea Gypsies. I will check out the website.

Welcome! Side note: If you're looking to join a dive club or socialize, there's LIDA as well as the NYC Sea Gypsies which is one of the largest & most active clubs in the US. This latter club is the one I belong to...it has a good number of club dives & at least 4 different land-based events every month (presentations from speakers well known in the dive industry, happy hours, dinners, & other fun social events). If you're interested, check out the NYC Sea Gypsies web site.

Hey Tom, I've been to a few different spots this summer. Beach 8th St, the old Ponquogue bridge on the south side, Clark's beach (secret beach), and some others. I've been to Ponquogue bridge multiple weekends and it required a permit through the summer but should be open to anyone after labor day.

Do you know of any good spots?
I'm only in the area in summer. What is Clark's beach like (where, parking, uw topography & depth?). Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom